Corporate sync Outlook contact photos?

davidalewis

Reaction score
What is the latest on this issue?
I have seen a lot of posts that are a year old on this issue.
I don't really want to buy a 3rd party application just to get photos in my contacts.
I am not talking about facebook or gmail contacts, just Outlook contacts.
I have an Exchange 2010 server and Outlook 2010
My blackberry and my iPod both have sync'd contact photos, why doesn't android?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
sorry ur having issues but for Exchange (assuming this is for ur company) if it doesnt support OWA (outlook web access) the web address wont connect with the mail server. so in other words it could be listed as .exchange versus /exchange
as far as just outlook, i never ran into problems so it could be ur ports and servers. as far as contacts? again, i never had issues

OP
D

davidalewis

Reaction score
sorry ur having issues but for Exchange (assuming this is for ur company) if it doesnt support OWA (outlook web access) the web address wont connect with the mail server. so in other words it could be listed as .exchange versus /exchange
as far as just outlook, i never ran into problems so it could be ur ports and servers. as far as contacts? again, i never had issues

What????
What does ports and servers have to do with the contact photos?

Yes I am the owner and administrator of the exchange server.
The issue is with corporate sync, I am not using OWA
Corporate sync works just fine except it the contacts do not have the photos like it does on other devices like a blackberry or an apple device.

The issue is specifically that Android does not seem to download the contact photos from the exchange server like other hardward manfactures do.

All of the contact photos are in Outlook / Exchange