Outlook Contacts Not Syncing

ctn830

Reaction score
Why aren't my Outlook contacts updating (or syncing) to my Droid? I have been adding new contacts (and deleting) to my Outlook but they are not syncing to my Droid. It still only has my old Outlook contacts. I checked my Droid and it does say it is syncing Outlook contacts. Email syncing is working fine.

Can anyone help?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How are you set up to sync to Outlook? There's no out-of-the-box Outlook sync with the Droid. Or are you referring to another model as the "Droid" instead of the original Motorola Droid?

Email sync isn't relevant. Email isn't synced with Outlook. It's synced/retrieved directly with the mail server.

I checked my Droid and it does say it is syncing Outlook contacts.
Where are you checking this?

OP
C

ctn830

Reaction score
I have the original Droid and it always has (and still does) sync email and calendar quickly. Or as you say "sync/retrieve from mail server." In my Doid email setup (for this Outlook account) it does have "sync Contacts" and "sync Calendar" checked off. It says it synced this morning but when I add a contact to either Outlook or my Doid (as a test) it doesn't show. I tried "Touchdown" a month ago (to sync tasks) but I wasn't crazy about it.

Is there a fix for my contacts problem? Do the newer Droids have this issue?