Droid2 Syncing Contact Photos with Facebook: MAKE IT STOP!

Nathaniel1978

Reaction score
I just purchased a Droid 2 after years with Blackberry. It's day 2 and I'm already irritated with the seeming inflexibility of the Droid 2 with regard to configurations. I want to keep my Facebook account on the phone to keep up with those notifications. However, the phone continues to link my exchange contacts (the only contacts I use) with my facebook contacts and then linking their facebook photos with their contact.

I don't want their Facebook photos showing under my contacts. I have painstakingly spent HOURS uploading very specific photos into Outlook on exchange for my contacts so that their picture is static and never changes and is something that I always recognize. I don't want MY address book to be subject to the whim of my contacts' ridiculous photo changing habits. Blackberry had no problem with this. My hotmail, yahoo, gmail and other accounts synced fine and Facebook and Myspace apps ran just fine on my blackberry without interferring with my contacts list but I can't for the life of me find where to turn off the picture source as being from Facebook in this new Droid 2. I found in the "My Accounts" a place to select picture source but it does not show exchange as a possible selection. It only shows Facebook and it wont allow me to turn off Facebook. I'd be happy at this point if I could just turn off facebook and have no pictures at all but it doesn't appear that that is even an option.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Go to the facebook app ---> settings ---> scroll down to sync contacts and then change to don't sync. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid