Cool idea for a feature

pyro6128

Reaction score
Full Screen picture on the call screen!!! I know its pretty random, but I figure maybe blackdroid will see and think its a cool idea too and try to implement it. There's an app called full screen caller id, and its alright, but doesn't work too well. Blackdroid has been tweaking the phone apk, maybe he can use his powers to implement this.
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Again, I apologize for the randomness...carry on

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Seems like that would be easy to do but, I am positive it's not. In theory, theres an xml file in the drawables folder telling the phone what to look for when displaying a background. You would need to point that to the imcoming calls picture and then add that to the drawable folder. I am completely guessing here but hey, someone might try it.

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
like in the backgroud behind the end button and all that? that actually does seem like it would be pretty cool. but when im talking on the phone, even on speaker or while charging, the screen is off just to save battery and be easier on my screen, so i wouldnt use this much, but im sure others would

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
what i think would be cool.. and, this would obiously be such a resource hog it's not funny... is to have the background for phone or anything else be whatever your camera is pointing at. so as you walk, your background changes cause it's what the camera is seeing.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea i guess its not really useful per se, but i just think it would be cool to get a call from a friend and see a nice high res picture before you answer

This is the app I was talking about
Full Screen Caller ID - Android

but it doesnt work too well, and the interface could use some work. As was said though, its probably difficult to implement

WishRyder

Reaction score
what i think would be cool.. and, this would obiously be such a resource hog it's not funny... is to have the background for phone or anything else be whatever your camera is pointing at. so as you walk, your background changes cause it's what the camera is seeing.
Didn't Pete (bugless beast) have an experimental live wallpaper in the market that did this? It was pretty buggy but the foundation was there.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Didn't Pete (bugless beast) have an experimental live wallpaper in the market that did this? It was pretty buggy but the foundation was there.

Yeah I remember seeing a live wallpaper in the market for this one time also.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

Parter28

Reaction score
I think I'm awesome feature would be music controls in the notification bar. Sometimes I like to pause my music or skip to the next track without having to leave my current app. I don't know if it would be possible though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Version_3

Reaction score
Speaking of call screens, is there a rotating/landscape in-call screen yet?

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score

I can't imagine why you would need to. Unless you had your phone in a dock sideways I suppose

Version_3

Reaction score

I can't imagine why you would need to. Unless you had your phone in a dock sideways I suppose

That's exactly why. My phone sits in the car dock in landscape mode, but when I get a call, everything from the incoming call screen to the in-call screen are in portrait.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Not sure if you can already do this, but I think it would be cool to set your own video as a custom boot animation

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

removement

Reaction score
I know there was an app someone created that did this and it was being marketed so you could walk down the street and see the ground in front of you so you did not run into stuff. Don't remember what phone or platform but remember hearing about it and giggling.