Convince me... S3 over the HTC DNA

Gleason81

Reaction score
1. Camera, it takes beautiful pictures.
2. Responsiveness, it's snappy as hell with no lag.
3. The Samsung motion features like palm swipe to capture, turn over to mute, direct call, tilt to zoom and so on.

Plus, it's not an HTC so it won't be abandoned in 6 months, the battery life isn't shorter than your average fruit fly (which the DNA's will be), like you said, expandable storage, and of course easier photo sharing with S-Beam. I find it easier than Android Beam but it's only with Samsung phones.

If you want the size, better screen, and beastly S4 pro processor, then by all means, go with the DNA, you more than likely won't be disappointed.

Agree...battery life on DNA...not going to be good....if all you care about is a big screen, fast processor, little memory...and being tethered to a charger...by all means, go with the DNA...to each their own.

One more thing. Limited storage (11gB) OK. Using the Cloud OK. Verizon's tiered data plans...expensive....having to babysit your data plan due to limited phone storage and using the Cloud....not for me. The more advanced apps get, the more storage they are going to take. Something to think about. After all, most people are going to have the phone for 20 months. Think a little further into the future when considering this phone and not be "wowed" by the large screen in the short term.

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
Personally i don't care about the memory, but i cringe whenever i read about htcs useless battery sizes. Go 3k+ or removable, i personally hate being tethered to an outlet all day...which is why i have a maxx.

Return of the Android

tc1

Reaction score
No expandable storage = fail

HTC's batteries are pitifully underpowered and "sense" eats up a ton of battery and ram.

I had an HTC rezound(HD 720) screenwith an extended battery and it still wouldn't make it through the work day.

I can't imagine how much juice the dna will consume.