Control Droid from PC

droid3d

Reaction score
i've searched, but only seem to find apps that control your PC from your phone. i'd like to control my droid from my PC via WIFI so when it's sitting on the shelf across the room playing music via powered speakers i could control it etc and see the droid on my win xp desktop.

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
I have the app gmote on my DROID and you can't control ur phone from your comp. But you can control media to play on you computer music pictures and movies as well it has volume controls and play and stop. Its pretty damn cool. You can even use it to control your curser and type stuff on your computer using your android keyboard. I like to confuse my friends while they use my computer. Haha

altjx

Reaction score
Is there like a VNC server that can run on the Motorola Droid to allow remote access from the PC?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be fair to the OP, the little app that is discussed in the thread you linked to is a VERY poor substitue for a true VNC solution, Hook.....

I tried it, and it was so slow redrawing the screen that it was close to unusable.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be fair to the OP, the little app that is discussed in the thread you linked to is a VERY poor substitue for a true VNC solution, Hook.....

I tried it, and it was so slow redrawing the screen that it was close to unusable.

OK Dave....I never tried it. I think there are other ways to do this though because when I searched I found several threads. :)

cplus

Reaction score

OK Dave....I never tried it. I think there are other ways to do this though because when I searched I found several threads. :)

Links please!

altjx

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's any faster ways to do this? This solution works but very laggy

jamestort

Reaction score
I am not very techie or anything.. and this might be a stupid question...

But why do people even want to control their Droids from their PC?

I am lost of this one....

altjx

Reaction score
I am not very techie or anything.. and this might be a stupid question...

But why do people even want to control their Droids from their PC?

I am lost of this one....

I would love to use this because while sitting in front of a computer at work/home/ with nothing to do, I'm usually texting a hell of a lot. I could do things a lot quicker on my phone if I was able to control it from a PC, especially texting. Rather than jumping from phone to PC, phone to PC, etc. can do it all with ease :p

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Links please!

There are some other links mixed in here but lots about Droid and PC

site:droidforums.net control droid with pc - Google Search

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score

I would love to use this because while sitting in front of a computer at work/home/ with nothing to do, I'm usually texting a hell of a lot. I could do things a lot quicker on my phone if I was able to control it from a PC, especially texting. Rather than jumping from phone to PC, phone to PC, etc. can do it all with ease :p

Hey I'd like to do that too. If you find a good one please do share your thoughts about it and suggest it if it's worth your time! I have lots of other things to try out so I might not get around to it without reading up and trying out the one everyone else likes first.