Contacts created on phone do not show up

OldMan1955

Reaction score
Feel dumb, but I can't figure this out. In GMAIL, I'm able to create contacts and have them added to my Droid no problem, but I have to make sure I tick the box "phone" for them to show up.

If I create a new contact on the phone, it never shows up when completed on the phone as I'm viewing my contact list. If I go into GMAIL, the contact is there, but I have to tick the PHONE option.

I'm missing a step, but I don't see it.

xliderider

Reaction score
Sign in to your Gmail acct on your computer. Click on Contacts, find your recently created contact and make sure it is under My Contacts. Move it to My Contacts if it is in another group and doesn't appear in My Contacts.

OP
O

OldMan1955

Reaction score
I have all my contacts in GMAIL with MY CONTACTS and PHONE selected for group. I just don't understand why if I create a new contract on the phone its not displayed on the phone. I have to go GMAIL and have it selected as part of the PHONE group.

eliassami5

Reaction score
I have all my contacts in GMAIL with MY CONTACTS and PHONE selected for group. I just don't understand why if I create a new contract on the phone its not displayed on the phone. I have to go GMAIL and have it selected as part of the PHONE group.

go to your contacts on your phone and press menu > display options > your gmail account > my contacts group should be checked, and if you wanna check the others you can too. I keep all my contacts under no category so i dont have to worry about checking other groups.

OP
O

OldMan1955

Reaction score

go to your contacts on your phone and press menu > display options > your gmail account > my contacts group should be checked, and if you wanna check the others you can too. I keep all my contacts under no category so i dont have to worry about checking other groups.
Thanks for this.

On my phone under my GMAIL account, I only had PHONE checked. I now have SYSTEM GROUP: MY CONTACTS checked. Hope that fixes the problem.