Contacts and default email..

xythil

Reaction score
Hey all when I resgistered my phone I used one of my gmail accounts. I have since decided I want my main account to be my new gmail account.

What I want is to move ALL my contacts over to my new gmail account. Can I do this from my phone?

Once I do this how do I set my new email as my phones default for googletalk?

Also, on a side note. How do I combine contacts? I syncd my facebook but it didnt combine all of them so I have duplicates. Ones with emails and facebook stuff and one with just phone numbers. Some it combined but not all. How can I do this manually?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey all when I resgistered my phone I used one of my gmail accounts. I have since decided I want my main account to be my new gmail account.

What I want is to move ALL my contacts over to my new gmail account. Can I do this from my phone?

Also, on a side note. How do I combine contacts? I syncd my facebook but it didnt combine all of them so I have duplicates. Ones with emails and facebook stuff and one with just phone numbers. Some it combined but not all. How can I do this manually?

Save yourself a LOT of grief and do what you need to do from a computer accessing the full gmail application on the web. If that's not possible, at least use your browser to access it on your phone.

You can certainly export/import your contacts from one gmail account to another, I assume. And you can combine contacts by using the "merge contacts" functionality in the online application for google contacts.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score

Save yourself a LOT of grief and do what you need to do from a computer accessing the full gmail application on the web. If that's not possible, at least use your browser to access it on your phone.

You can certainly export/import your contacts from one gmail account to another, I assume. And you can combine contacts by using the "merge contacts" functionality in the online application for google contacts.

what about changing my default account on the phone?

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
anyone? how can i switch which is main