HOW TO: Push gmail using Email app on Droid!

dbarrett480

Reaction score
I like the email app on the Droid better than the Gmail app because of the combined inbox and color coded account email. The downside I found was that my gmail wouldn't push to it. Well I figured out how to make gmail push in the email app:

1. Go into email, if you haven't set up an account yet it will automatically start you in the account creation wizard. If you already have an account, then you will have to press menu>add account.

2. Enter your gmail address and password

3. Press "Manual setup"

4. Choose "Exchange Account"

5. in the "Domain\Username" field type your full gmail address after the \, so it should look like this: \[email protected]

6. The password field will auto-populate with the password you typed

7. in the "exchange server" field erase "gmail.com" and type: m.google.com

8. scroll down and click next

9. It will say "retreiving account information" wait for that to finish

10. choose the amount you want to synchronize and if you want it to be your default account.

11. I unchecked "Sync Contacts from this account" because I have my contacts synced with my gmail profile on my phone

12. Click Next

13. Name your account

14. Click done

OP
D

dbarrett480

Reaction score
hmm, its been pushing fine for me all day. I actually have 3 echange accounts pushing. all Gmail addresses

bass_lover1

Reaction score
Worked for me, though emails get pushed a few seconds later than they do with the gmail app.

Sal R.

Reaction score
Tried that. Still nothing. It's still pushing to default Gmail App, but not to Email App.

sik

Reaction score
mine worked perfect...but i tryed to delete the other account on the gmail account...and says i need it for other apps to work perfect...and i would have to restore to get rid of it...also noticed pulling up emails on the email app they seem more laggy the ones with pictures and it doesnt seem to scroll left or right or up and down

natty_lite

Reaction score
I remember setting up Exchange on my HTC Hero so I could use a 2nd Gmail account, and it worked for the most part - but it came with its quirks. Make sure you're settings are set to 'as they arrive" or something similar (I admittedly have never even opened the Droid Mail app)

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
im not all that thrilled with the latent emails via gmail.. on my BB i recieved emails instantly, i find myself refreshing alot on the gmail app

Swift

Reaction score
What settings do I enter to get this to work with my Google Apps Email (my own domain)? I tried using the regular Gmail app on the phone and it connected fine, but I'd rather use the other Email app which has combined in-boxes.