Contact Syncing

fmorris825

Reaction score
Excellent ROM. Really digging it so far
The only issue I seem to be having is syncing my contact pictures from my Facebook account. Anyone else having an issue like this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I don't use Facebook at all so i'm not sure. If no one responds with a solution here try going on the IRC at the Sourcery Rom website and might be able to help you there.

bloodstains

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. Getting a force close whenever I try to join my facebook contacts to my google contacts. Haven't found a way around it.

bloodstains

Reaction score
Reflashed Sourcery 2.0 then 2.2 and my issues with force closing went away, I can now join Facebook and Google Contacts.

BUT it doesn't load their pictures into my contacts automatically. I have to manually click their contact info and click "View Facebook Profile" - once I have viewed their profile it'll load their picture. I've just been doing that for people I frequently text and/or girls I think are pretty.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Thats good news, i remember reading a few threads about Facebook and Android having those pictures issues. I don't believe these are Rom related issues.

bloodstains

Reaction score
I changed my kernel and can't sync facebook contacts anymore! So I guess it's the kernel. It hasn't worked for me with either Slayher 1100 or Slayher 1000.

bloodstains

Reaction score
I switched out my kernel and was still getting force closes when trying to sync contacts, and then it hit me - DUH! I was running the alternate contact app!!! Switched it back to the stock contact app and it works fine again.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That make sense.. some of the theme would switch the contact app so if it happens after a theme change that would be it. Good catch.