Contacts, Syncing, & Accounts

DevonM

Reaction score
I've been noticing a few issues with regards to my contacts and accounts, and how they sync and display. I use a gmail account for all of my main contacts with their names and phone numbers, and then sync Facebook and Twitter contacts to those people so they have their pictures and information and stuff.
This worked without issue on my Droid 3, even when I would open the Facebook and Twitter apps and "log out" so they don't stay running, my phone still had those accounts synced, and my contacts held that information.
Now on my S4 it seems that when I tried signing out of Facebook(through the app) it removed the entire account from my phone and reverted all my contact information. It's not even showing Twitter as an option under the display options for contacts, so no idea what to do there...
I usually end up joining a few contacts together to build a person's full profile, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this now without issue, especially if every time I log out of Facebook it will completely undo all of that.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

OP
D

DevonM

Reaction score
Haven't been able to figure out anything to fix this yet...

Anyone else having these issues?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You asked the question "has anybody"? my guess is until someone attempts doing what you are doing on the S4 you just may need to wait. I don't even use FB or Twitter on my S4 so I'm zero help.

reybie

Reaction score
I just tried it, I have an FB account with a few friends I have as contacts. It did remove their pics after I signed out of FB. I don't see any way of retaining the info from social network to be merged into the gmail contacts.

Tankwylde

Reaction score
The only advise I can give is to log into your Facebook and go to settings. There is an option for syncing you contacts. No issues on my S4 but then again I never log out of it. You can stay logged in and kill the app using a task manager

OP
D

DevonM

Reaction score
Any idea why Twitter wouldn't be listed under contacts to display, but it was on my old ass Droid 3? Kind of stupid that I can't have everything synced and set up the way I did before.