Galaxy S4 E-Mail Accounts Disappear

bronzwaig

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a stock Galaxy S4 running 4.2.2 and about a week ago the phone ran out of battery and when I plugged it in and turn it on all my e-mail accounts were gone and I had to re-install them, any idea what happened?

Also, since then my exchange account stops syncing and when I go to the settings for the account the Sync E-mail is unchecked and all the sync settings for calendar, contacts and tasks are unchecked as well. This has happened several times since then.

Today all of my exchange contacts were gone and I could not get the phone to sync them. I tried to uncheck the sync settings and then re-check it to no avail. I had to remove the account and re-install it to get the contacts and calendar synced.

Any ideas as to what is causing this issues?

Thank you!!

prodad

Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen three times! I see postings on here way back to 2009 with people having the same problem. I can't believe there is not a fix for this out there by now. Very frustrating!!

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Also been looking for the answer to this one.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Very frustrating!!
13.jpg

The OP said all Email accounts. Does this include Gmail account, or just MS exchange accounts?

beadyk

Reaction score
Thank goodness others are having the same problem. I use time Warner email...one account for residential and one for business....completely separate accounts. No problems ever with residential. On my galaxy S4 my business account went missing about 5 weeks ago. Thought it might be a Verizon issue but a week later it magically reappeared. On October 14 it just as magically disappeared again! Just bought the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition...residential email is just fine but can't get the business account to work. Same as the phone. Spent hours on the phone with time warner AND face to face time with the Samsung rep at Best Buy. Does anyone out there have another clue? The Note 10.1 is just wi-fi also...no carrier to worry about.