E-mail not updating

Crockett

Reaction score
I've had this problem occasionally where the e-mail on my phone (Galaxy S4) doesn't update for several days. I've got an AOL account. In the meantime my home computer continues to update just fine -- I can send an e-mail to myself from my home computer and it comes through in minutes on the home computer but not the phone. Then -- in a few days -- the phone updates with those several days of e-mails all at once.

I'd assume it's not an AOL problem because most of the time the phone updates (pushes) just fine -- just like my home computer -- and it never happens on my home computer. I've searched through the phone's Manage Accounts settings etc but can't seem to solve the problem.

Anyone with ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Crockett

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Let me start off by saying welcome to DF!
now.... have you checked the sync settings in the email app?

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

OP
C

Crockett

Reaction score
Yes.

When I click Settings/E-Mail/Settings (Sync frequency,notifications, etc) a screen comes up which says "Manage Accounts". When I click that it just takes me to my e-mail inbox page.

However on the top of that page it says "Sync ALL" When I click that it indicates it's syncing but dosen't actually push any new e-mails to my phone.

When I go to my inbox it says it was synced -- with today's date and current time -- as if there aren't any new e-mails but it's still 2 days behind!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am not familiar with that email app but I am pretty sure there is a setting somewhere with the sync settings that lets you choose how many days worth of email to sync.....maybe that is where the issue is....

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not familiar with AOL email but it may also be a setting that you have to access in AOL from your browser before it will allow sync to your phone. Which app are you using for email on your phone?

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk