Facebook pictures on contacts

sakosta

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue where the contacts don't get pictures from Facebook on them. I just got this razr and this is the only issue I have. I downloaded the Facebook app and added it to my accounts but only a small percentage of my contacts have pictures on them. Anybody know how to get everyone's pictures from Facebook on your contact list so their picture pops up when they call you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

angel4451

Reaction score
It appears that the razr does not synch contacts. I am finding small details they took away that were present in earlier droids.

vonfink13

Reaction score
it syncs all your contacts...too many for me..but here is how to choose which ones you want.... .its in your phone contacts...open up the phone..then contacts...menu button....then display options...it shows you all the different accts you can sync too....

OP
S

sakosta

Reaction score
Turns out that it is synching the Facebook info but its not immediate. I woke up this morning with a lot more pictures on my contacts. Maybe tomorrow there will be more.

klubhead

Reaction score
Turns out that it is synching the Facebook info but its not immediate. I woke up this morning with a lot more pictures on my contacts. Maybe tomorrow there will be more.

this happened to me too.. my first day was very hit or miss w/ facebook contacts syncing, after a few hours most were synced though. still a few didn't and i had to manually "join". (contacts app, find contact, menu, join, find facebook contact)

OP
S

sakosta

Reaction score
Yeah for some reason it syncs slow but speeding up now and no complaints. Thanks for the input.

palmtreerun

Reaction score
this happened to me too.. my first day was very hit or miss w/ facebook contacts syncing, after a few hours most were synced though. still a few didn't and i had to manually "join". (contacts app, find contact, menu, join, find facebook contact)
Very much a newbie with the phone. Typically I ask DD to help but she can't figure it out either....I see the manually join process but I have 5 contacts who I can't locate in "Find Facebook Contact". I am FB friends with them but how do I get them into the FB Contact so I can manually join them?

Thanks

klubhead

Reaction score
Very much a newbie with the phone. Typically I ask DD to help but she can't figure it out either....I see the manually join process but I have 5 contacts who I can't locate in "Find Facebook Contact". I am FB friends with them but how do I get them into the FB Contact so I can manually join them?

Thanks

Hmm.. "find facebook contact" doesn't sound familiar to me for some reason, it seems like i went a different route.. this is exactly how i did it:
(as an example, John Doe is the facebook contact and John is the regular contact you added yourself. We're looking to join these contacts.)

1. Open "Contacts" app.
2. Hit the search softkey, type "John" and open the contact.
3. Hit the menu softkey, then Join.
4. Hit the search softkey, type "John" or "John Doe" and select contact.

Now the facebook and non facebook contact should be linked.. let me know if that helps :icon_ banana:

palmtreerun

Reaction score
Hmm.. "find facebook contact" doesn't sound familiar to me for some reason, it seems like i went a different route.. this is exactly how i did it:
(as an example, John Doe is the facebook contact and John is the regular contact you added yourself. We're looking to join these contacts.)

1. Open "Contacts" app.
2. Hit the search softkey, type "John" and open the contact.
3. Hit the menu softkey, then Join.
4. Hit the search softkey, type "John" or "John Doe" and select contact.

Now the facebook and non facebook contact should be linked.. let me know if that helps :icon_ banana:
How do I make someone a FB Contact? Verizon messed up moving my contacts twice and I don't want to have to go back if I don't have to.

smack

Reaction score
I just manually synced the ones missing it. It may be because their phone number isnt on their profile.

klubhead

Reaction score
How do I make someone a FB Contact? Verizon messed up moving my contacts twice and I don't want to have to go back if I don't have to.

Your regular phonebook is present, right? But you're not seeing your facebook contacts in the "Contacts" app?

Open the app "My Accounts", if Facebook is not there, add it. See if that fixes it..