syncing Facebook to contacts

kat0013

Reaction score
I just got a razr yesterday, switching from the lg ally. .. And let me first say, I absolutely love it so far.
The only problem i'm having isn't even a big deal... I cant seem to find a way to sync only my contacts to Facebook. it allows me to sync, but when I do that, it stores literally every person from my Facebook to my phone. I just want the people I choose to save in my contacts to have their fb pictures appear like my ally. (I don't want all 500-whatever peoples numbers haha)

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If you want to sync with Facebook using the Motorola provided service that comes with the phone, I don't think you can prevent it from syncing all of your Facebook friends. But you can hide the ones that you don't have as a contact on your phone. In the Contacts app, go to Menu -> Display options. At the top you can choose the option to display "Only contacts with phones." This will weed out most of them, but if a Facebook friend has a phone number on their account, it will still show up. Below that, there's a section called "Choose which contacts to display." There, you can choose to display/hide contacts from various social networking sites and email accounts you have linked on your phone, including Facebook. After doing that, your existing contacts on your phone will still have a link to their Facebook page if one was available.

Droid Kain

Reaction score
If you want to sync with Facebook using the Motorola provided service that comes with the phone, I don't think you can prevent it from syncing all of your Facebook friends.

I don't think you can either. Which was an option on previous phones. Kinda annoyed that the RAZR didn't have this option... or maybe it was removed by Facebook app? Either way. Sucks

Droid RAZR Tapatalk 2