contact storage force closes

macdaddy123

Reaction score
deleted a few system apps after rooting and now i can't view/edit a contact because it force closes when i click on a contact. I know dumb mistake but if anyone knows what system apps are linked to contact storage i have the system dump and all apks ... anything would help.

also how would u install a system app into the system beacause when i try it dose not install even tho it is in the system app folder in system. and the one im trying to re-install is backupassistantcleint.apk, one that i removed. thank u again

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the yahoo stuff is the problem, as blackbelt says. You may have to adb push them back.

OP
M

macdaddy123

Reaction score
okay i will try adb, got to look up how to do it first

scyang

Reaction score
i'm having the same problems. copied the yahoo stuff from a system dump and changed the permissions to match the other apps, but it's still force closing. what's adb? is there something else i have to do to restore the yahoo stuff?

scyang

Reaction score
i guess i should rephrase: is adb push required to reinstall these apps? i used the rootexplorer in esfileexplorer.

scyang

Reaction score
okay tried adb pushing blur_email.apk and blur_yahoo.apk along with their .odek and still no good. any thoughts?

OP
M

macdaddy123

Reaction score
I just went and flashed the updated leaks then re-rooted and loaded up steel droids rom and all is good in ny world again...but if your going to do this make sure you write down any new numbers you get ..

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

scyang

Reaction score
how difficult was it to flash steeldroid? are there any other roms for the droid 3?

Roderick92

Reaction score
i also have a question, i rooted my device deleted the yahoo apps and my contact storage is force closing. Is there any way of bringing them back?

lemmony

Reaction score
ok gang i have a trick question. I have downloaded rsd lite 5.5 to try to re-flash my phone to factory so I can fix some bugs i created. I have also downloaded the VZW.spf to flash to my droid3 every time i try to flash my phone will go to flash mode but then says unable to flash..what on earth am I doing wrong?