constant redraws

atcjeff

Reaction score
Also, turn on compcache in UD settings. My ADW EX was force closing on me like crazy even when I had the lock home in memory and system persistant set in ADW settings. I enabled compcache Saturday and have not had a FC since. I do get the occasional redraw but very few. Worth a shot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Is that all you need to do to enable compcache? I'm not really familiar with compcache but I remember reading (in one of the previous versions of UD) that there was some other things you had to do to get compcache working.

Play a jam!

atcjeff

Reaction score
I assume so. I know their were issues with the kernals in the early GB releases and their was a procedure to follow to enable it. I think all that has been worked out. I am running the stock kernal in my UD 3.1.1 on my D1. Like I said above, I enabled compcache at one of the lower settings and no FC's for a day now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Cool. I know yopu have to have a kernel that supports compcache in order for it to work, so this must be so with the stock kernel (?). Either way, thanks for the help.

Play a jam!

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
What percentage do y'all have it set on. mine is on 18 and I'm getting bad redraws. By the way, Clicking on a certain percentage is the way to enable it right??

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Compcache is a terrible way to solve the redraw problem...

Use the qr code or the local.prop way, compcache allows more apps to be stored in ram, but it takes a lot of cpu so your just going to have close to the same amount of time between switching apps

Sent From My Droid Without Spell Checker

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its a prop file that android loads, but it sticks through rom installs... its the equivalent of typing setprop in terminal but that has too be done every reboot

Sent From My Droid Without Spell Checker

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
hmm i'm not familiar with that. i don't do alot of editing of those files