Confirmed specs on the Droid 3

mattbooty

Reaction score
One thing I'm slightly concerned about is this "pentile" display I don't want this screen to be lower quality then my D1 since after all this is an upgrade. I'm curious if there are any other phones currently in stores that have the pentile displays that I could go see how it looks? If there is I might stop by on my way home.

I too was concerned, before ordering I ran to the local Verizon store. They didn't have a D3 to see (as expected) but they had a Droid X2 which has a pentile display and I thought it looked great. I can't say for sure it was better than my D1 screen, but with my limited hands on time it was in no way worse. Maybe if you compare it to a samsung super amoled it may not stack up, but I think it will be an upgrade from the D1 screen.

Plus from what I've heard the big plus of the pentile is it is better on the battery (i have nothing to back that up, just what i've read), which would be great because my D1's battery stats always show display as minimum of 50% of my battery usage.

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks for that. I will wait for it to arrive and tthen see it in person no need to make an extra run to the ever so annoying corporate store where they hawk over you with 1.1 million questions lol.

haproot

Reaction score
So does the Droid 3 have DDR2 memory? or just DDR?

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Wanted to update this thread with further info...

OS is the latest 2.3.4
0.3 Mega pixel front Camera
Confirmed 512 RAM

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Based on MOTODEV website it specifies 0.3 MP front cam

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I saw was front facing webcam...I'd be guessing that meant a VGA or whatever camera...about the lowest quality there is but I don't know what the megapixels translate to...hope that helps a little

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
Copied directly from the MOTODEV site:

0.3 megapixels (640 x 480),
Focus: fixed

socalsx

Reaction score
What about the 8mp cam? Anyone know if itts taken from the x2? I'm curious if the 1080p video will stand up to the galaxy s2

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
This info was copy/pasted directly from MOTODEV site. Not sure if its the "same" camera taken from the X2 but one could speculate I guess. being that the X2 is still a pretty current device I would think MOTO used some of the same parts rather then develop a new line of parts. the D3 is in some peoples opinion not a top tier device since it utilizes older technology (ie: 512 ram)

This info was pasted from the site after I clicked the specs on each device, I understand these are very vague but this is what I could find.

Droid 3 Camera: 8 megapixels (3264 x 2448)

Droid X2: 8 megapixels (3264 x 2448)

haproot

Reaction score

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Deciding factor, itching to order.. Does anybody know?

I cannot answer this one since I don't know where to look.. all of the spec's available from MOTO are found on this site:

MOTODEV > Products > DROID 3 by Motorola, XT862

Ok thanks. Looks like it does not, so a no go for me.

It's DDR2.

Anyone know for sure if it's 2.3.4??? I just ordered mine, should her here tomorrow! I'm super pumped. Would LOVE if it came with the Google Talk video chat!

darkmatter

Reaction score
Deciding factor, itching to order.. Does anybody know?

I cannot answer this one since I don't know where to look.. all of the spec's available from MOTO are found on this site:

MOTODEV > Products > DROID 3 by Motorola, XT862

Ok thanks. Looks like it does not, so a no go for me.

the chipset alone dictates ddr2 ram. ie, to have TI OMAP4 is to have ddr2 ram. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/157505-some-info-omap4430.html

I actually applaud the 0.3mp front cam over 1.3mp, means it might actually be useable over 3g, though I don't really see myself doing so unless I'm on a wifi, just saying.

and I'll link this again, just because, lol. This states version 2.3.4. I'm gonna guess that link should be sticked...