Compatible with new GB .602 OS?

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
Brady, how did you do nthe update over Liberty? I got stuck on the Red M several times...thanks

That happened to me the first time as well. I was trying to install it the 'normal' way I always do (won't get into details).

If you follow this to the letter, it should work fine:
1. Download .602 zip
2. Sbf to .340 via RSDlite. activate phone, but do not set up google account yet.
(skip step 2 if you are already on a .340 rom cm7 roms included)
3. Root with Z4.
4. After reboot, install droid 2 bootstrap or liberty bootstrap. Tap recover bootstrap, then reboot recovery.
5. In clockwork, go to mounts then
format system
format data
and format cache.
6. Mount system.
7. Install zip from sd card, then choose zip.
8. Navigate to the .602 AIO (all in one) and select it.
9. After install completes, reboot system now.

I should note that once .602 booted, I installed Liberty Bootstrap and booted into recovery. Mounted system and data and installed Liberty 0.9.

Last edited:

jtjj127

Reaction score
I should note that once .602 booted, I installed Liberty Bootstrap and booted into recovery. Mounted system and data and installed Liberty 0.9.

EDIT: I noticed that after first boot my system went back to .596 but baseband updated to 13P and Kernel updated to 2.6.32.9-g34b306dtkwp86@ca25rhe81 #2

Last edited:
OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
You cant flash this over liberty GB without an SBF first.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

From what I've read you CAN do that, but then you don't get the updated radio. Plus, wouldn't that install a bunch of junk that would bog down the phone?

Elwin2k11

Reaction score
New to the forum... But I love Liberty GB. I imagine that .602 will be in 0.91 or some number after 0.9. I hope. Keep up the great work guys!

lotus22

Reaction score
It would be great if someone juts posted the radio so we could flash it. I'm quite happy with V0.9 of Liberty. Just the 3G data seems inconsistent.

Reaction score
P3Droid released the .602 2-part rooted update this morning, and I can confirm that it works with LGB 0.9. I SBF'd back to .340, rooted, bootstrapped, installed the 2-part files, then LGB 0.9. I even put my theme on top for good measure.

The only thing is that in About Phone it still says .596 even though the radio and kernel are both updated.

Can someone confirm that the baseband flash link just posted actually works when you try to use it from GB? I've read reports that it only works if you're on FroYo.

reposter432

Reaction score
Success with the same steps (except with boot CD). I can't wait for the day when we won't have to SBF to Froyo to do these things.

chefb

Reaction score
Success with the same steps (except with boot CD). I can't wait for the day when we won't have to SBF to Froyo to do these things.

Looks like that is the only place they can start from........I mean implementing the changes given in the updates cuz official can't be rooted.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So anyone that has flashed .602 what are your takes on it? I am thinking about giving it a whirl but would love some feedback first. Keep in mind I have never flashed a GB based rom. I bought my DX, ran it stock froyo for a few days to weed out any issues before I caused my own, decided to try out the established froyo ROMs first, then 2nd-init took over. But I still want to check this out so let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: