Coming Back To Droid

smithmanny

Reaction score
I have to sell my iphone 4 for college money and I have the original moto droid sitting in my desk which is what I will be using once the iPhone is sold. But the screen is cracked and I do have Insurance but I don't want the same phone will verizon let me get another phone worth the same value?

Also, how is the Thunderbolt battery life with 4G enabled?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have insurance, they could send you a D2, but you don't get a choice.

Droid592

Reaction score
Being that the screen is cracked Verizon has nothing to do with the phone, the claim is going to be through Asurion and the only way your getting a different phone is if for some reason they don't have any more Droids. In this case you will most likely get the Droid 2 and if you lucky (I highly doubt this though even with luck) the Droid 3 but no way your getting a Thunderolt out of them.

Sent From My Rooted HTC Thunderbolt

OP
smithmanny

smithmanny

Reaction score
Being that the screen is cracked Verizon has nothing to do with the phone, the claim is going to be through Asurion and the only way your getting a different phone is if for some reason they don't have any more Droids. In this case you will most likely get the Droid 2 and if you lucky (I highly doubt this though even with luck) the Droid 3 but no way your getting a Thunderolt out of them.

Sent From My Rooted HTC Thunderbolt
Lol, I wasn't asking if they were going to give me the Thunderbolt. I was asking about the Thunderbolt battery life with 4G enabled because I might buy one.
Anyways, I figured they would had gave me the same droid

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will probably depend if theres anymore Droids left, if not, refurbished droids, if not possibly a Droid 2.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do have Insurance but I don't want the same phone will verizon let me get another phone worth the same value?
What you get depends on stock. CLNR of the same model is what you get unless there are none in stock. Insurance isn't intended for switching models and they'll sub with what they consider to be similar (not what you consider to be similar).

Is there any know difference between the droid and droid 2
Of course there is or else the models wouldn't be designated differently. See Motorola's site and compare.