com.android.phone has stopped

chris_youngrich

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola MB508
Pls render assistance. Dialer crash. Music crash. Touch no longer responds. No lights in 4 touch buttons and buttons no longer responds (home, search, menu, back) D-pad no longer responds. Motorola MB508. Not rooted. Tried factory reset, didn't help.

OP
C

chris_youngrich

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola MB508
Also phone gets really hot even when not in use. Even after removing and replacing battery and powering up. Also end all running apps using task manager and ending all running processes in settings>applications>running services

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Chris! Do you recall downloading any apps not to long before you started noticing these issues? Go into system settings under storage, how much free space does your device have left?

tap'n on my S5

OP
C

chris_youngrich

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola MB508
I honestly think so too, but the potential replacement device currently exceeds my budget... I am a bit suspicious of a full touch device but I guess the Hauwei Y300 would be an ok upgrade... I could probably locate a wireless keyboard for it and a protective case that will accomodate both comfortably...

OP
C

chris_youngrich

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola MB508
In response to the question from cr6, I have downloaded several apps over a long period of time and I have done about 2 factory data resets prior to this time... currently I have only 1 downloaded app and it's called Voice Answer Lite... downloaded after my problems started so I could be able to answer a call without sliding the touchscreen. But right now am seeing 96.51MB of available internal storage space.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I honestly think so too, but the potential replacement device currently exceeds my budget... I am a bit suspicious of a full touch device but I guess the Hauwei Y300 would be an ok upgrade... I could probably locate a wireless keyboard for it and a protective case that will accomodate both comfortably...

I was originally nervous about going to all touch also but you get used to it and I wouldn't go back now anyways...

OP
C

chris_youngrich

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola MB508
Well thanks for the advice concerning an upgrade Shadez but until am able to get the Y300 or maybe something else, I really hope I will be able to fix this old relic... it was a gift and I know it has been through a lot but I would appreciate any help on methods I may use to resolve these current issues

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well thanks for the advice concerning an upgrade Shadez but until am able to get the Y300 or maybe something else, I really hope I will be able to fix this old relic... it was a gift and I know it has been through a lot but I would appreciate any help on methods I may use to resolve these current issues

I understand that... sorry I can't help you out more but hopefully someone here will be able to! :)

Good Luck!

ali.tacim.tatar

Reaction score
I have a tablet com.android. kept crashing I went to apps and running I disabled it then I restarted my tablet and i solved mine