com.android.phone has stopped - Droid Bionic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hAHAha_Halo

Reaction score
Okay, in the wee hours of the morning today, my phone suddenly went to a black screen and stayed there for a good 20 minutes. After being frozen there, I finally did a battery pull and rebooted it and now it just has a constant "Unfortunately, com.android.phone has stopped", which pops up a half a second after you close the last error. Google Play and Google Music are missing from my apps, so I can't download any apps to try to fix this, which I doubt would help anyways. I went to Verizon less than an hour ago to see what they could do, and even after taking it into the backroom with their fancy phone stuff that they do, it still couldn't be fixed. I was given the choice to root, or upgrade. So all I'm here for is for someone to tell me either A. How to fix this problem, or B. How to root my phone and THEN fix the problem.

I'm choosing not to and I'm also not able to upgrade right now due to money issues as an incoming college freshman, plus I was planning on making this phone last until the customized versions of the Moto X were available.

I haven't rooted a phone since my D1, which was 3 years ago on Froyo/Gingerbread. Judging by my tech news app, a lot has changed since then.

And just so everyone knows because everyone seems to think that nobody knows about this 'quick fix', I have already done a factory reset. Both Hard and Soft resets.

In fact, that's the interesting part. I've preformed them, but I'm pretty sure doing a factory reset should take more than 2 seconds, which I was right, the phone is not responding to any form of factory reset. I reboot the phone and my apps, accounts, texts, everything, it's still there. They couldn't fix that either at Verizon, so don't even try that method with me unless you've provided me with a "Download this and then do this and install this......THEN do factory reset."

I'm stock, I've never rooted this phone, and I never did any large scale changes to it, like getting a different Home app or anything.

Another quick thing, don't know if I've said it yet, this is very important, I cannot call, text, or anything. I have no way of reaching anybody right now.

Please and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.