"Touch The Android to Begin" button after factory reset not working

mercurial.ascent

Reaction score
I searched for the past four hours for a solution and haven't found anything.
I have a Rooted moto droid with frg22d lithium mod rom.
my Market downloads hadnt been working and i decided to reboot into clockwork rec mode. i wiped cache and did a factory reset. after i rebooted the device, as expected, i come to the first screen that says " welcome to moto droid-touch the android to begin". usually when you "touch the android" it then of course come to the login screen for your google account. but when i "touch the android" the button does nothing. it responds to my touch by lighting up white but no action follows,the login screen does not launch.

any idea's?

any help would be greatly greatly appreciated :) ive been racking my brain for hours.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try doing another reset. There's a bypass code to get past the android, but if I were you I'd reflash the ROM and see if that helped.

:welcome: to the forum!

OP
M

mercurial.ascent

Reaction score
Hey , thanks glad to be here . I just flashed a different v. Of lithium mod nd booted right up and works fine now :) idk of some important script or something got lost during a wipe ? either way thanks for the help :) btw how can by pass it like you mentioned ? just for future reference ....

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've never had to use it. You tap the four corners of the screen in a certain order, but I don't know what they are. Others have reported great success, however.

OP
M

mercurial.ascent

Reaction score
Ah, yeah I heard that from another but no success with it but least just flashing a different rom worked. Well thanks again :)

longrifle325

Reaction score
I know you fixed it with reflash but here is how to bypass google welcome to android screen. Tap the four corners starting with top left going clockwise, ending with bottom left corner.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I know you fixed it with reflash but here is how to bypass google welcome to android screen. Tap the four corners starting with top left going clockwise, ending with bottom left corner.
+1 ^^^ this exactly.

OP
M

mercurial.ascent

Reaction score
Thanks for the info :) I will remember it for the future