CodeNameAndroid Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Ported to Several Motorola Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dd.png

Developers Hashcode and Dhacker have ported Codename Android to several Motorola devices including The Droid Razr, D4, Bionic, and a few other devices! If you aren't familiar with CNA it is at its base a stock rom with some added features and customizations! It is based on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2. It includes tons of features but its aim is that you miss the extra features if they don't make it to a build, while not being bugged that the extra features are there. I think they do accomplish this goal with the rom.

Some features in the latest build include Tmobile Theme Manager (install Cm10 themes from the market on the fly), T9 dialer with landscape dialing options, Trebuchet Custom Launcher (Light and Fluid), Custom Carrier Label, Browser customizations, DeskClock customizations, Email customizations, Ability to move cursor with volume buttons, Custom Camera app, Customizable power menu with full reboot options, Customizable status bar, Customizable status bar, Customizable lock screen, customizable sound settings, custom profiles, quiet hours, performance settings, Developer options, and more!

Downloads can be found here (Maserati is Droid4, Targa is Bionic, and Spyder is Razr)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
For the RAZR, DMX, a little help please? I see quite a number of spyder builds in each of several of the links on that page, then of course there's the long string name at the bottom. Can you or anyone tell me which build I am looking for to achieve the most stable ROM build install?

Tepes

Reaction score
Does this still have the jb port bug of no audio on calls with Bluetooth headset?

Sent from my Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

dfcfu342

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
For the RAZR, DMX, a little help please? I see quite a number of spyder builds in each of several of the links on that page, then of course there's the long string name at the bottom. Can you or anyone tell me which build I am looking for to achieve the most stable ROM build install?

If you click into the phone (spyder) and then click "cna" you will see only one build is available.

cna=code name android

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If you click into the phone (spyder) and then click "cna" you will see only one build is available.

cna=code name android

Ahh! CNA - CodeNameAndroid. I get it. :icon_eek:

Doh! :biggrin:

Thanks!

jayman350

Reaction score
i have not been able to find any information regarding what is included/changed for this rom, do you have a link to a description? also, do we need gapps? is this safestrap 3.x compatible?

jayman350

Reaction score
working great so far, was able to install using safestrap 3.05 for Bionic

stock camera app doesn't work but camera zoom fx does, haven't been able to test the BT yet to see if that is still an issue

djspy

Reaction score
What else doesn't work? Does any third party camera app work or just the FX one you mentioned? What about the Flash on the camera? Google Now? Play store apps/updates work?

trulunacy

Reaction score
Installed today and I've been having problems with making phone calls and receiving them. I can make a call but after I hang up I get the "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." I can't even receive calls because the second a call comes in the error pops up. I've tried everything. Wiping before install, clearing cache/dalvik after install, you name it. I'm at a loss here :crying:

Edit: I'm on a Bionic

Nezdude87

Reaction score
So far so good, I hadn't heard of this ROM before. I'm on a droid bionic, and had just updated to ICS a few days ago. Figured I'd try jelly bean a bit, and I'm loving it. Extremely smooth even before I overclocked to 1.2ghz (didn't get the speed bump in the ota ICS update). So far everything but the camera works perfectly, but I haven't made many calls since installing so I can't say much on that except no problems so far.

The only odd thing I've seen is when the screen shifts it hesitates with a smaller version of the current screen displayed for a split second before rotating. Definitely not a big deal, of course.

Edit: Can't remember if this was in the original post, but tethering does not work. Mobile hotspot just hangs and when I select USB tether it starts to load then stops. Tried selecting it multiple times.

Last edited:

nicepen

Reaction score
I can't find any other posts about this. Could you please provide a link to the developers post?

Last edited: