Cmda/evdo, global

satoru

Reaction score
I switched to cmda/ evdo from global and it seems to use more battery. Also, im not sure if im missing calls or texts. Is it because the evdo that drains the battery?
Edit: off topic, I use droid overclock and keep it set to 600mhz and 300 when im sleeping. My phone still gets pretty hot =/
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That phone getting hot might be due to too many services running, or the overclock...try stopping unneeded services under applications->running services in settings. I don't use an overclock app and my D2Global runs pretty cool.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world...

OP
satoru

satoru

Reaction score
That phone getting hot might be due to too many services running, or the overclock...try stopping unneeded services under applications->running services in settings. I don't use an overclock app and my D2Global runs pretty cool.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world...

That's what I thought as well, but the only things running are what need to be, and go launcher.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Odd then, maybe ditch the overclock for a day and see how it works. The only times I've had the phone get hot was when watching flash content. Even then, I can only call it maybe...not even half a handwarmer. It came close when I was watching a live stream though.