CM4DX-GB flash question

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
before i do anything where do i get the link for the all in one fix ?

clueless77

Reaction score
well if you follow those instructions that will get you on gb and then i can get you rooted but as for an all in one i dont know a link never having to use it you might have to google it

leftspin

Reaction score
I would recommend doing a full SBF to .602 instead of the all in one update, I've found that things just run more smoothly when you wipe everything and start fresh. I know it's inconvenient but you can backup your apps with Titanium and it makes getting things set up again much easier. The .605 update is really unnecessary unless you have keyboard issues on .602. Once you're on .602, use the D3 one click root to re root, and you can flash the RevNumbers nightlies over that. You won't be able to restore a backup to Froyo though because you will be using a different kernel, but you'll be able to SBF back to the Froyo kernel if you want to restore an older backup from a 2nd init ROM

How to SBF: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html
.602 SBF File: DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.602 SBF Released - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
One Click Root: [Root X] D3 1-click Root Method - Works on GB.602 and GB.605

clueless77

Reaction score
thanks Leftspin,

i hope you got some help Mouthrulez i am sorry for stumbling around it as i am still new myself but i like helping when i can

leftspin

Reaction score
thanks Leftspin,

i hope you got some help Mouthrulez i am sorry for stumbling around it as i am still new myself but i like helping when i can

never a problem, and you weren't really stumbling around, seems to me like you know your sh!t

clueless77

Reaction score
i just get nervous that i will give some bad advice and they get mad or whatever

i just read and am a quick study

leftspin

Reaction score
i just get nervous that i will give some bad advice and they get mad or whatever

i just read and am a quick study

I've learned everything I know from reading and posting here. The nice thing about the forum is if you're wrong about something there are other people to correct it. I still make mistakes sometimes, and besides, the worst thing that could happen is someone has to SBF :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

urples

Reaction score
i have it installed but it keeps on force closing. there's not special way to install it or anything is there? i just used the swype installer.

leftspin

Reaction score
i have it installed but it keeps on force closing. there's not special way to install it or anything is there? i just used the swype installer.

did you flash over the .602 kernel? I know a lot of people had keyboard FC issues on it, if so you may want to take the .605 OTA. You can flash .602 ROMs over .605

urples

Reaction score
I flashed it over the .605(the AIO from thb). should i try to flash it over .602?

clueless77

Reaction score
I was also gonna suggest a cache wipe in CWM. Andcrun fix permissions

Leftspin, I was wondering is there a "catch the boot" method on the X like on the D1, maybe that's why my sbf to froyo won't take

leftspin

Reaction score
I flashed it over the .605(the AIO from thb). should i try to flash it over .602?

no, don't do an SBF to .602 just for that, see what happens when you clear the keyboard cache (settings>applications>manage applications>swype>clear data), also try to clear the cache in CWM like Clueless said, and fix permissions can't hurt (it's found in ROM Manager)

I was also gonna suggest a cache wipe in CWM. Andcrun fix permissions

Leftspin, I was wondering is there a "catch the boot" method on the X like on the D1, maybe that's why my sbf to froyo won't take

I don't believe so, I don't see how that would work because it's done with the hard keyboard on the D1 which the X doesn't have. Silly question, but you did do the factory reset/clear cache/wipe dalvik after the SBF, right?

clueless77

Reaction score
I did not do that at all, I assume you mean from stock recovery, and reason being I have never had an issue with 602 sbf, I do however do it before sbf