LGB vs Justice vs CM4DX vs GB AOSP

maximumpower

Reaction score
I am trying to understand what all the versions out there are. From what I can tell from reading the forums...

• LGB - Liberty version of Gingerbread with some blur components
  • CM4DX - Cyanogen Mod made to work on the DX. Based on original Google Gingerbread.

• GB AOSP - AOSP (ie all original Google version prior to Motorola and Verizon mods)
  • Justice - Liberty version of CM4DX

Key points
CM4DX/Justice run the fastest because there is no blur.
Justice is on its first release and has some issues.
LGB highly configurable but not as fast as CM4DX/Justice but seems pretty stable.
CM4DX/Justice, only major drawback is lack of blur camera?
GB AOSP not sure what this is that is different from CM4DX.

Am I close to getting this all straight?

I am on LGB 0.9, what do I gain or lose by going to Justice or CM4DX?

Thanks

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used all those ROMs and here is my opinion.

Justice and CM7 are way more customizable and faster. They are pure source with no Blur whatsoever. Blur doesn't work with these ROMs. They use the Froyo kernel but are Android 2.3.4, which is the most recent version of GB. Justice is less stable and has worse battery than CM7.

Liberty Gingerbread is a highly customizable Blur ROM. It is faster than stock and smooth, but not as fast as CM7 or Liberty AOSP. It is based off the .596 OTA.

Liberty AOSP and Apex are similar to each other. They are based on the .596 GB version with Blur removed. It is faster than Liberty GB but not as fast as CM7. They are stable and you can use Blur apps with these.

Here is what I suggest:

If you want a fast, stable ROM with some customization, go with Liberty AOSP or my personal favorite, Apex.

If you want the fastest, most customizable ROM out there, go with CM7 or Justice. I personally like CM7 better, because I have had less issues with it and it seems a little faster.

CM74DX

sgierling

Reaction score
Lack of blur in CM4DX/Justice also means no FM radio or hdmi out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leonozug

Reaction score
I've flashed all four and they are all pretty cool. Battery seems better for me on the .596 builds. I'm currently running ASOP Libery, and added in the blur camera and EM radio zips. I'm pretty happy with it overall. Justice and CM7 hasd terrible battery life for me, so I went to ASOP Liberty.

Getting ready to flash MIUI, and then Liquid 2.4, so and SBF and factory are in order for me...at least once I'm on MIUI I won't have to SBF to try Liquid!! lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely try SSX. It is how I wish Justice was. Stable, fast and more customization

SSX v2.0

jp1m16

Reaction score
I have used all those ROMs and here is my opinion.

Justice and CM7 are way more customizable and faster. They are pure source with no Blur whatsoever. Blur doesn't work with these ROMs. They use the Froyo kernel but are Android 2.3.4, which is the most recent version of GB. Justice is less stable and has worse battery than CM7.

Liberty Gingerbread is a highly customizable Blur ROM. It is faster than stock and smooth, but not as fast as CM7 or Liberty AOSP. It is based off the .596 OTA.

Liberty AOSP and Apex are similar to each other. They are based on the .596 GB version with Blur removed. It is faster than Liberty GB but not as fast as CM7. They are stable and you can use Blur apps with these.

Here is what I suggest:

If you want a fast, stable ROM with some customization, go with Liberty AOSP or my personal favorite, Apex.

If you want the fastest, most customizable ROM out there, go with CM7 or Justice. I personally like CM7 better, because I have had less issues with it and it seems a little faster.

CM74DX

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums