CM 6.1 RC released for the DROID

jhuntdog

Reaction score
@droidkevlar. Thanks for the tips. This fixes DC issues, as far as I can tell. Are you able to install/use twitter, tweetdeck, shazam, or some of the other trouble apps?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App. CM nightlies.

I dont use any of those apps. But it stopped my TB and market fc'ing and then stopped the bootloops as well. After an hour of testing last night, that is how I came to the conclusion it was the 1025 gapps that was causing it all.

If you did what I said, it should work for you. Report back. And good luck.
@droidkevlar. Thanks again. Following your post, I am able to run CM RC6.0. Aside from some issues with a few misbehaving apps (eg, twitter, tweetdeck), this CM is fast and smooth. And the new notification-power-bar is awesome.

Is your "personal theme" a metamorph or a theme posted in these fora?

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Its a metamorph I put together for myself. I used to release it publicly but grew tired of peoples remarks and waiting on devs to give me permission to release or not as they are not my icons, I just have taken them from other themes, resized/renamed to work with our device.

Glad you got it working. I wasnt a fan of CM until a few nightly's before the RC came out and it is by far the best ROM right now.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
i tried the wifi fix with no luck and even moved the driver afterwards. Slayher kernal is the only that works for me and i lost wifi but damn is this rom smooth can anyone offer help?

DarkEnd

Reaction score
I'm having problems installing some apps too. Weatherbug Elite, cardio trainer, shazam, my verizon, and twitter.
But I tried installing the apk's through adb as well, and get an error "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]"

just thought I'd share.

blackops

Reaction score
i tried the wifi fix with no luck and even moved the driver afterwards. Slayher kernal is the only that works for me and i lost wifi but damn is this rom smooth can anyone offer help?

I had wifi issues as well, I went ahead and finally got it to work though

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

I first installed this from the link above (VERSION 1.6 adds Compcache. Also new wifi module, and has ipv6 fix, and TUN. Download Compcache script to allow it to work with CM. Here)

But when I rebooted still had wifi and had error. So then I went back and then installed the slayher kernal 1100 v1.6

Then it worked. However also there is a wifi fix on the page as well but once I installed the slayher kernal wifi started working for me.

undroid

Reaction score
it seems the issue is a full /system partition.

what i did coming from build 160:
Dowload both RC1 and GApps but do not apply them.
reboot to recovery (perform a nandroid backup while you're here).
install zip and locate the RC1 downloaded from Rom Manager.

Once completed.

adb shell
mount /system
cd /system/app
rm CMWallpapers.apk (Go to Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki for other apps you can delete)
cd /
umount /system

install the GApps zip.

Reboot.

Issue with missing apps or failing to install is no longer there.

WPThunder25

Reaction score
Anybody else having wallpaper issues?

Edit: Seem to have fixed it by changing the heap size. Great ROM!

Last edited:

jmwells52

Reaction score
Had the same issue with the wifi the first 3 times I flashed this rom, then read Slayers first post in his kernals forum topic. It said to flash the rom & apps, then his kernal right after rebooting rom install, I then w/o checking the wifi again rebooted right away installing the wifi fix. After that reboot I began and getting a few apps cause I was scared to look, went into settings and tried my wifi finally and it actually worked.

Reaction score
Came from CM6.0 the first time i did this through RomManager and I had the app issues your all having, so I went back to 6.0

This time I downloaded 6.1 from the website and also gapps 20.1 not the new one. I installed 6.1 from SD without wiping and without gapps. The app issues were still there at this point.

I deleted/uninstalled twitter and wiped data on twitter using titanium backup. Then I installed gapps 20.1 off my SD. Thats it, this worked for me. Good luck and if you keep messing with it don't get discouraged, you'll get it. Always have a stable backup to fall back on and your good.

Droid 1 with CM 6.1 o/c jdlfg 1.288Ghz

undroid

Reaction score
What kernel comes with the RC1?

Here's mine:

2.6.32.9-sapphire
mtwebster@eng-laptop #1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App