CM 6.1 vibrate issue?

justpimpntel

Reaction score
i flashed cm 6.1 final on my og droid and for some reason, i cant seem to turn the vibrate off for incoming texts nd calls. i checked handcent sms settings, the stock sms app settings and everything with a vibrate setting. Everything is off so i'm assuming it has something to do with the rom itself. Does anyone know how to turn off vibrate?

captdroid

Reaction score
i flashed cm 6.1 final on my og droid and for some reason, i cant seem to turn the vibrate off for incoming texts nd calls. i checked handcent sms settings, the stock sms app settings and everything with a vibrate setting. Everything is off so i'm assuming it has something to do with the rom itself. Does anyone know how to turn off vibrate?

Install 'audiomanager' free version from the market. You can easily select vibrate settings using that program along with volume settings.

AudioManager Widget - Android app on AppBrain

OP
J

justpimpntel

Reaction score
so is it the rom that wont let me turn off vibrate mode?

captdroid

Reaction score
so is it the rom that wont let me turn off vibrate mode?

Sure you can change the vibrate mode.

ROM settings check out menu settings>sound>vibrate

I have mine set to 'only in silent mode' and 'silent state' checked off.

That way the volume control determines if incoming call vibrates and the messaging app setting determines if incoming message vibrates.

Last edited:
OP
J

justpimpntel

Reaction score
I set my phone to vibrate 'only in silent mode' and 'silent state' checked off but whenever I get a text, email, or call the phone still vibrates

OP
J

justpimpntel

Reaction score
i tried the same settings when the phone is set to "silent" and regular sound...in bothe cases the phone vibrates for notifications

captdroid

Reaction score
i tried the same settings when the phone is set to "silent" and regular sound...in bothe cases the phone vibrates for notifications

Leave those settings and now...

For the incoming call you need to go into the call settings and check there... what options are selected there? After making those selections. Then you need to go into 'messaging' or whatever messaging app your using and select notification vibrate options there.

OP
J

justpimpntel

Reaction score
all the vibrate settings are unchecked...its really strange because all the settings are correct but it still vibrates

captdroid

Reaction score
all the vibrate settings are unchecked...its really strange because all the settings are correct but it still vibrates

That is strange... lol... have you tried the volume app and uncheck both vibrate settings on the main screen of the app?

OP
J

justpimpntel

Reaction score
all the vibrate settings are unchecked...i have all the right settings applied but the phone still vibrates :(

captdroid

Reaction score
all the vibrate settings are unchecked...i have all the right settings applied but the phone still vibrates :(

It's possessed... lol

Maybe another program running that is making it do that? IDK

OP
J

justpimpntel

Reaction score
yea lol i thought it was a feature in cm because i came from liquid frozen yogurt with no problems