" clone " Bionic screen

dave52355

Reaction score
There are lots of advantages to living at 9000 feet! However choice is not one. Since I've booted my ISP I've been using my Bionic as my ISP. Even connected to a wireless print server that allows wired devices to get online.

My problem is tethering sucks battery power! I keep the Bionic in the lapdock which keeps it charged up. But it is like taking a step backwards. I'm so use to doing everything on my Bionic. Now I got to go to it instead of just looking at it.

So I got my old Droid 2 just sitting around and wondered if I could clone the Bionics screen to the D2?

Thanks

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clone the screen? What do you mean?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Pretty sure he means using the Bionic like a laptop and using the D2 as an external monitor. Simply to project the image from the Bionic onto the D2. That said, I don't think so. I don't know of any kind of connector or app that would allow such emulation.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
syndicate0017 said:
Pretty sure he means using the Bionic like a laptop and using the D2 as an external monitor. Simply to project the image from the Bionic onto the D2. That said, I don't think so. I don't know of any kind of connector or app that would allow such emulation.

Oh shoot no that's not possible

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
D

dave52355

Reaction score
Well this is what I've got. My Bionic sits in the lapdock, Using Foxfi, and paid tethering I've connected to my dd-wrt enabled router allowing all network aware ( lots ) equiptment to access the internet. Problem is my signal from the Bionic is so weak that 6 feet away the router losses the connection. So I thought ideally if I could see the Bionics screen on my unused D2 I would know who is valling or texting me.

However, I realized I can accomplish this with my smart watch so that problem is resolved.

Now the problem is although I've opened a port on my router, I can't see my cameras thru the inet. The hotspot apparently does not allow port opening.

Thanks

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I wonder why your signal so weak I can tether my laptop for my fiance so she can do her homework and I can be outside the house and not lose signal

grgguy

Reaction score
I wonder why your signal so weak I can tether my laptop for my fiance so she can do her homework and I can be outside the house and not lose signal

Agreed, I think in wifi tether for root user's they have a setting for signal strength . You should give that a try .

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Have you thought of installing a vnc server on the bionic and a vnc viewer on the d2? I know there is a vnc server that works good on the bionic, I used to do this while tethering because my bionic would have to be in the window for good late service and I hated getting up each time to check my phone. In assuming you could just view it from your d2

Give it a try