ClockworkMod Recovery Problem

ElShotte

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've installed the Droid 2 Bootstrapper, then the ROM Manager. I launched the Bootstrapper, hit Bootstrap recovery, hit "Allow" then got a success message. Then I launched the ROM Manager, hit Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, and my Current Recovery is at ClockworkMod 2.5.0.8. When I try to do "Backup Current ROM", the phone reboots, I see a progress bar and a Package with Android Icon, progress bar goes about a quarter of the way, the icon changes to a Exclamation with Android, and the phone boots up. If I choose boot into recovery from ROM Manager, it gives me 4 options, install update.zip, factory reset, clear cache and reboot and on the bottom it says "E: Can't open cache/recovery/command". I can't backup my ROM and I can't install any custom ROMs. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Thanks, any help is highly appreciated cause I am stuck.

My firmware version is 2.3.20

microsnook

Reaction score
You are probably going to have to do everything manually.

Once you hit "bootstrap recovery" your next move is to then hit the "reboot recovery" directly underneath it.

Your phone will then proceed to boot into CW recovery, where your menu items will appear green, as to blue.

From here you can wipe your phone, install roms, the works.

Let me know if you need more help!

OP
E

ElShotte

Reaction score
Awesome dude, thanks for the response! Im backing up my ROM right now. I want to install SQUIDLY 2.3.20, I have the zip on the SD card already, do I just choose install zip?

microsnook

Reaction score
No problem! Took me a few times to understand it myself.

Always do a "bootstrap recovery" before doing anything w/ your phone, that way you will be able to do a battery pull and most likely get into CW when you reboot.

Yes, put the .zip on your SD card, boot into recovery, and (might need to wipe first) then install zip from sd, choose zip, then choose and install!

Give your phone a while to boot up after the first install, it should take longer....

Also, you will have to resign into your Google account and stuff like that.

Good luck!

You might want to check out Ultimate Driod by the way :) its pretty sick!

OP
E

ElShotte

Reaction score
I just installed Squidly 2.3.20 :D

Hey I will, is it available for 2.3.20 Firmware? Can you post a link?

microsnook

Reaction score
I just installed Squidly 2.3.20 :D

Hey I will, is it available for 2.3.20 Firmware? Can you post a link?

Good job! Glad you got that working then.

You can find some info here

There is also a newer, more stable release coming out soon, so I am waiting for that! Should be a killer combo on the DROID2.

;)

OP
E

ElShotte

Reaction score
Yeah it does look sick. But the Todo list is a bit too long for me, apparently they need to get Full USB support, full gps support and Camcorder working properly so that's a no go for me yet, but I will definitely keep an eye out. Right now, Im going to bed, thanks again. ;) PS - Are there any themes for Squidly 2.3.2?

microsnook

Reaction score
Yea, its still a release candidate, so everything isnt 100%. However the newer release should fix a lot of the issues and be extremely stable.

Keep a lookout! The interface is sexy as well.

I am not sure about themes for squidly rom, you might want to look around :).

If you have any questions just PM me or GTalk me: [email protected]

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a few themes available for squidly's roms. Nextheme revolution, and 4 flavors of big dx serenity can be found in squidly's section and I think he's working on porting more.

tappin and a talkin