Clockwork recovery

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering how I get clock work recovery running on my droid x. I tried the bootstrap and it said it worked. Then I installed from rom manager clock work for droidx... Nothing. So I tried droid x 2nd init... Still nothing help would be much appreciated. Thanks

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use bootstrap and press bootstrap recovery. It will say success! Then press reboot recovery.

random rom'd X

funnyfish

Reaction score
I have yet to put a rom on my rooted bionic...how do I get to clockwork recovery? Lol DROID 1 had a keyboard lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

skruid

Reaction score
Go into rom manager app and there is an option to reboot into recovery

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

skruid

Reaction score
That is if you flash clockwork with rom manager

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

[ L ]

Reaction score
Lol I too had an OG Droid before my bionic, I was so confused on how the heck I did all this stuff as it was all so much easier with the D1

ripper2860

Reaction score
Download and install ROM Manager from the Market Place. From within ROM Manager there is an option to install Clockwork MOD.

Cinoib

Reaction score
Download and install ROM Manager from the Market Place. From within ROM Manager there is an option to install Clockwork MOD.

Can I put a new ROM on my rooted but locked bootloader Bionic? I was thinking that I can't.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have yet to put a rom on my rooted bionic...how do I get to clockwork recovery? Lol DROID 1 had a keyboard lol

I was under the impression that you had to install Bionic Bootstrapper from the market first and use it to install CW. You can then use Rom Manager to update CW to the most current version. You can use RM or Bionic Bootstrapper to reboot into CW.

Good luck.

ripper2860

Reaction score
I was under the impression that you had to install Bionic Bootstrapper from the market first and use it to install CW. You can then use Rom Manager to update CW to the most current version. You can use RM or Bionic Bootstrapper to reboot into CW.

Good luck.

:sorry:

Correct. I missed that part. Bionic Bootstrapper is needed. Thanks.