Clock Widget - Weather is always wrong?!

Snacko

Reaction score
Hi,

For some reason, the default Clock widget often does not show the current temps/weather. It currently says it's 90 with a high/low of 94/66. But that was yesterdays weather. It is currently only 81 with a high/low of 81/68 here.

I do have it set for the 'Current location', and does say my location is Cincinnat, Ohio, which is correct. What exactly do I need to have set or turned on to keep it up to date?

Woehoss

Reaction score
If you go into accounts and sync, is the box next to weather checked? If not then try checking the box. If that doesn't't work try pulling the battery out and restart the phone.

OP
S

Snacko

Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't know about that. But yes, it is checked and set to Update every 3 hours.

OP
S

Snacko

Reaction score
Yes, then it updates and is correct.

Woehoss

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the phone? Pull the battery and restart, see if it syncs the weather automatically. If that works you might just want to get a task killing app to keep your memory space free.

OP
S

Snacko

Reaction score
I did pull the battery and restart when I first got it about 3 weeks ago. But I have not rooted it yet so I don't think I can do task killing can I?

Woehoss

Reaction score
You can definitely do task killing, there are all kinds of Alps out there for it. Really the only reason to root the phone is to overclock and load ROMS. I use Advanced Task Killer, and it works great :)

OP
S

Snacko

Reaction score
Task killing didn't help.

But I figured out that just setting the widget's location to 'Current Location' did not work. I had to add my city and select that to get it to work. I wonder if the current location needs the gps to be on all the time or something??

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Also, make sure automatic sync is turned on. The Power Control widget that is preinstalled can make this very easy. This will allow the weather to find where you are, and update temp and everything else.