Clock Widget weather

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So recently the clock widget hasn't been giving me any weather updates for 'current location'. It works when I add another location and updates, but it won't update my current location.

I've cleared the cache and also replaced the widget, no luck. I've restarted multiple times and updating my roaming capabilities, no luck still.

Anyone else have this problem?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have the option to choose between google weather and accu weather? If so choose accu and that should fix it. I had a similar issue on my d2 using beautiful widgets.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No I do not.

This is the stock kernel of the Incredible, I don't see anything giving me the option to choose what weather service.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
when i hit "update" it literally flashes "updating." and then refuses to give any info.

BOYJ

Reaction score
I use the beautiful widgets app and it works for me. The stock app sucks.

Droid Incredible CM 7.0.3
Incredikernel 2.6.37.6

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use the beautiful widgets app and it works for me. The stock app sucks.

Droid Incredible CM 7.0.3
Incredikernel 2.6.37.6

Yeah I downloaded Fancy Widget from Amazon app, but it's just strange that the stock widget chooses to do this now?

cris

Reaction score
i have the same issue and also sometimes it has the time wrong, when i tried to reset the time i got a error message saying droid os something and to forse close. i should get a replacement this week it will be the 4th one in 2 months.

hjc

Reaction score
After doing a factory reset it worked better then before to include the exact location that never showed up before. initally when activated after reboot you will see your city and screen 2 as someplace in london i think it asll works out in a few hours

t_mightyzeus

Reaction score
I followed the VZW agent's suggestion-wipe/reset to factory. WX widget worked fine for a week then nothing. Time has been messed up for a day. Went in to update, unchecked box for auto update, selected correct TZ, then rechecked the box for auto update. Time fixed, Wx widget still blank. doesn't update with WiFi, VZW service, or Google's service. only 2 apps installed Swype and google voice-did it before and after. only have exchange account loaded. Its worked intermittently for about a month-have to manually sync to get mail. All related stuff-just don't know how.