Current Location Problems

nova2wl

Reaction score
I got my phone on Thursday and the phone found my location fine which is Washington, PA. Now it shows that my current location is Buffalo NY which is about 6 hours away. The default HTC clock that shows the weather gives me the weather for Buffalo and when I go into Google via the browser it says my location is Buffalo also.

I tried resetting my phone, I tried deleting the widget, I tried turning off WiFi and using just the GPS location and vice versa. Nothing has fixed the problem so far.

Anyone else having this problem? Or have any other suggestions I could try?

robdroid

Reaction score
I got my phone on Thursday and the phone found my location fine which is Washington, PA. Now it shows that my current location is Buffalo NY which is about 6 hours away. The default HTC clock that shows the weather gives me the weather for Buffalo and when I go into Google via the browser it says my location is Buffalo also.

I tried resetting my phone, I tried deleting the widget, I tried turning off WiFi and using just the GPS location and vice versa. Nothing has fixed the problem so far.

Anyone else having this problem? Or have any other suggestions I could try?

Hmm Can you say spooky? Curious if you went to Map app were does it say you are when you press current location?

plane_pilot

Reaction score
Ours shows the location of the weather some place we have never heard of. But when we go to maps, it shows the correct location.

basadvo

Reaction score
My wife and I have incredibles, and we just started having this problem last week. What's odd is that before, I had several localities' weather in the additional locations list, since I travel between offices for my company a bit, now they don't even show up when i search for them. it's weird.

jstrom23

Reaction score
I have this problem as well. When I go to my office it shows me in Houston. (I'm in DC.) If I turn off Google Location Services it leaves it with my home location. It doesn't update to my work location, but it doesn't get it wrong either.

I suspect it is a bug with Google Location Services. You can report errors here...

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/wifibugs/

l1tilr

Reaction score
I'm in the East and was stuck in the Mid West...

just as a thought, I went into phone settings and checked 'Use Wireless Networks' and 'Enable Assisted GPS' and mine is now at home again.