"Current Location" issue.

Gnat66

Reaction score
About 2-3 days ago my Incredible's stock HTC "flip" clock stopped showing the city I was in. My issue is not the same as others, who have been having problems with being told they were in China for example. My clock is correct, along with the date, but were it would normally show my location, it just says 'Current Location", and I feel that the weather is a bit off. It used to follow me around nicely, but now it doesn't work.

I have tried all the tricks I have found on forums and ones I knew already to potentially fix this issue. I have made sure my GPS is on, fiddled around with WiFi settings (on/off), removed and reset the clock, power cycled the phone, deleted all other saved locations and even factory reset the phone to no avail... although sometimes I can get it to come back for a minute or two, but then it quickly goes back to displaying "Current Location" under the clock and the weather changes to being slightly off.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? And even better does anyone know a fix? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
You've done about all you can do, well, as far as I know.

You could root and then install a custom ROM, or Android 2.3, which is supposed to be ported (adapted to work with) the Droid Incredible any day now. I'm just thinking a software update may fix the problem...

But you can screw your phone up pretty easily, so make sure you know what you're doing, I'm no expert (yet!) so I can't help you there.

Option 2 is to call Verizon and have them send you a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) replacement phone. If memory serves, first 6 months Verizon will replace your phone with a CPO if it is defective (yours certainly is!), first 30 days, they should replace it with another new Droid Incredible (assuming you bought yours new).

If you rooted your Dinc, don't worry about unrooting, people say Verizon will find out you rooted, I say yeah right. I have sent in three rooted Droids, this was almost a month ago, and I have not been charged or anything.