Beautiful Widgets No Weather Animations

MAKAVELI

Reaction score
I have beautiful widgets v 2.9 installed. I selected Beautiful Home from the widget screen. I can see the clock, date, city location, high/low and current temp. However, I don't see any weather related pictures/animations (clouds, rain, etc.). Is there anything special I have to do to get these or should they automatically be available? I've tried rebooting the phone which didn't help.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You mean there is no cloud/sun/moon or anything on the widget? Did you choose "Beautiful Home" when selecting the widget?

kaboyd

Reaction score
My Beautiful Widgets is working as it always had. I just looked at the version in my settings> applications and it said version 69. Have you tried to uninstall/install?

Edit: idk why it says version 69 in my manage applications setting. The Market shows v2.9

OP
M

MAKAVELI

Reaction score
Yeah, I chose beautiful home from the widgets screen. Uninstalling/re-installing doesn't help. Here's a screenshot.

2ed74a9.png

kaboyd

Reaction score
I'm assuming you tried to"trash" the widget and reapply it. I really don't know what could be doing this. Are too rooted? Running an aftermarket ROM?

OP
M

MAKAVELI

Reaction score
Yeah, it's rooted (motorola milestone). Tried trashing widget and re-creating it already.

Strange thing is I've also tried weather widget (weather and flip clock) and it doesn't show the weather images either.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Sry I can't be of any help. You may try the Milestone section to see if anyone else is coming across this problem. I asked if you are rooted because I thought a new ROM or a nandroid restore might fix the issue, but I don't know anything about how the Milestone works.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Hey MAKAVELI, I just noticed there was an update to Beautiful Widgets today. Just wondering if you still had your missing animation problem?

Motta

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets uses Google Weather information to display the animations. So, probably your city is not available on Google Weather.

If you would like to test, please change your city for a bigger city nearby, or choose New York or Miami. Probably you are going to see the animations...

I have this problem also. I get no animations. It would be nice if we could select the weather information provider on Beautiful Widgets.

Regards from Brazil,

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have BW and it is working just fine. I installed the update and live in a very small town in central PA.

Perhaps a vist to the developers site and email may help.

Mike

deadnull

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the weather by changing my location to a larger city and disabling geo location the weather animation started working.

Hope this helps :)

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's rooted (motorola milestone). Tried trashing widget and re-creating it already.

Strange thing is I've also tried weather widget (weather and flip clock) and it doesn't show the weather images either.

Hmmm....might be a stupid question, but your statement that both are not working put up a red flag.

Do you have a sd card installed, or can you access it? Both WW and BW animations won't work if there is a issue with you're card.

pcpimp

Reaction score
Worked for me also

I had the same problem with the weather by changing my location to a larger city and disabling geo location the weather animation started working.

Hope this helps :)

I changed weather source to accuweather and set my locations and it started working properly.

At first I just tried to set location and received an error about connecting to google weather service.

Beardface

Reaction score
There is a problem out today where if you are using Google Weather, the icons don't show. There is an update in the market to both BW and Beautiful Live Weather that eliminates it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about that. I noticed it today. Thanks for the info

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz