Clicking/popping noise while listening to music

666ogre666

Reaction score
My Droid makes a clicking or popping noise in the headphones when listening to music. It mainly happens when I listen to metal, my genre of choice, but it can happen with any music, volume does not affect it and its not the headphones as I have tested it with multiple pairs and with speakers. If anyone knows why this is happening and can fill me in that would be awesome.

grangel

Reaction score
Me too.

I use my phone mostly through my speakers in my car using an AUX cable and I just thought it was the songs, which are metal and a little bit of rap. Anybody have any idea whats going on?

OP
666ogre666

666ogre666

Reaction score
No one knows? All I can guess is that the music because of its gain and other things like that is overloading the audio processor.

91jolson

Reaction score
There have been long threads in the Audio section of forums discussing this, the onlt workarounds provided are ;
a) If you have it plugged into your cars's AUX port, just turn the volume on droid down and volume on car up, or
b) invest in a headphone amp (I have no idea how expensive these are)

Also, the clicking noise is especially loud and irritating if you are using pandora, but Slacker doesn't seem to have the same issues.

Hope this helps somewhat, Im not exactly an audiophile.