Circles Widget Text Notification Keeps Re-Checking Itself

rsb91

Reaction score
Hi,

I use Handcent SMS instead of the default Text app, so I disabled text message notifications from appearing on the home screen circles app by unchecking the box. But every so often, perhaps every few hours or so, I'll get a text and it will come up on the circle. When this happens, I go to the settings and the box for text message notification is checked again. Why is it re-checking itself and how can I get it to stop? I get the feeling I'm being subliminally urged to stick to default apps.

Thanks.

smuckers

Reaction score
I was thinking it was just me and was going to post the same question.. Help plz, it's driving me nuts .. I use go sms pro and was thinking about going stock for a few days to see if it keeps checking itself..

OP
rsb91

rsb91

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find anything else about this on Google or any forums.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem, it could very well be the Circle Widget app itself that's triggering it. I'm sure it polls somehow to show the texts in the circle, or is linked somehow. So I bet that might be what's doing it. As to how to fix it, well, I don't have an answer I'm afraid...

OP
rsb91

rsb91

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe fixing it is somewhere in the default Text app's settings? As the circles widget settings are extremely limited.

smuckers

Reaction score
I ended up just going to the default standard text messaging.. Using go sms it just keeps rechecking the box on circle widgets.. Gave up.. Drove me crazy..

sonik

Reaction score
Have you tried "disabling" the default text messaging app in settings>apps? I dont know what this may screw up but i've read it will help *force* a 3rd party text app to your lockscreeen, perhaps it's the work around for circles too? Please report back.. i only use default so dunno

smuckers

Reaction score
I have tried disabling stock text messaging and tried using go sms as my default and could not receive texts until I re enabled the stock text messaging..

OP
rsb91

rsb91

Reaction score
Then I don't want to try it and risk not receiving texts... Anyway, the widget continues to re-check all of the options.

sammyboy405

Reaction score
Then I don't want to try it and risk not receiving texts... Anyway, the widget continues to re-check all of the options.

So I disabled the Stock Text App. And Now I notice I get LED Notifications WAY before I get a Text Message.. Like a good minute to 2 minutes. Im using handcent.

But yea either way I do it, it dont matter what combination i have, the darn check boxes in the circle settings keep getting checked back.

Im going back to HD Widgets till that gets fixed, or someone figures out a work around. And Im on a RAZR HD Maxx. but this post was applicable to what i was searching for.

smuckers

Reaction score
Since installing jb on razr m it has not happened.. Was able to re install go sms and it does not recheck itself.. With the razr hd and hd maxx jb on the way hopefully it'll fix yours too..

OP
rsb91

rsb91

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this issue was resolved in the most recent update as I haven't noticed it at all in a while.

madhusker

Reaction score
Still have the problem on JB

2 phones, both RAZR M, both Jellybean. One does it, the other doesn't. Tried about everything. What a PITA! :angry:

One phone has the stock messaging disabled no problem, the other cannot disable it. The check marks keep coming back!

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
This also pisses me the F off. I have the Maxx HD and hopefully whenever JB comes out, it will fix this. If not I'm going to beautiful widgets.

madhusker

Reaction score
After a lot of jacking around I finally got the checks to stay off. I think clearing the app cache might turn them back on and I didn't realize it.

I tried Go SMS and it wont take over as default app either and disable stock messaging. One difference between my 2 phones is that one was setup with Handcent before the JB update which works fine, the problem phone I am trying to setup after. Something in the JB update wont let me disable stock messaging it seems. Another thing is that with my first phone I can see stock messaging disabled however on the second RAZR M it seems impossible to disable. I'm really BENT about this. If I wanted this I would have bought iphone.