Chrome, etc. - adblock replacement?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of all the free services we get, so I'd like to be able to allow ads wherever I go. But as y'all probably know, they can really bog down a site, and once you're used to using things like AdBlock, it's hard to go back.

I'm wondering if anybody has come across something that doesn't block the ads, but really "dumbs" them down to allow the pages to load faster? I don't know if that's even possible, but would love to find it if it exists... yes, I want to have my cake and eat it to. :)

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've just stuck with AdBlock Plus. A former co-worker mentioned it to me a few years ago and I just haven't looked back. And initially I wasn't even really worried about the ads per se; I was mainly aggravated by all the pseudo-links that would get generated on random, common words throughout the page. That really irritated me (for example, the word "car" might be underlined to look like a link but when you click on it it goes to a friggin' ad...or pops up an ad...HATE those!).

As far as I know with ads on websites, it's really an all-or-nothing sort of thing. You can't just "kinda have" them there. LOL. The operator of the website allows the ad service on the page, and the ad service will rotate ads out that might be relevant to the content of the website they're on. I guess these ad-blockers look for the most common ad services and just block them from displaying.