Choosing contact picture on Bionic VS Droid X

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Choosing a contact picture on Bionic VS Droid X has proven to be less advanced. We don't have the option to select the face on the pic like on the DX.

Anyone else experiencing the same scenario?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tegamal

Reaction score
I didn't have a DX, but from what I heard from my friends that did & wanted to use Facebook pics for their contacts, they had to use that syncmypics app. Never had any issues with the OG Droid & only had to wait for the Bionic to sync up for it to work.

Are you looking to use your own pics? I hit edit contact & click on the white square at the top of the screen & it'll give me options to find the pics I want.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
The method is the same just when you chose a pic with the DX and it's Gingerbread and motor blur version it automatically got a close-up on the persons face . Sorta like the old implementation of the face recognition Facebook use to use. There were probably privacy complaints and that may be the reason it's not in this software version.

copyeditrix

Reaction score
Yes, I was just looking for info on how to crop the pics when I saw your post. My solution for now is to crop on computer and import back to the phone. Just one of several things I've been puzzled about since upgrading from the Droid X.

Choosing a contact picture on Bionic VS Droid X has proven to be less advanced. We don't have the option to select the face on the pic like on the DX.

Anyone else experiencing the same scenario?

dkelly701

Reaction score
Another option to consider is to do this on our PC through Google contacts. You not only get the option to select the face, but the picture is stored on the cloud so when you change phones, when your contacts come back, so do the pictures.

Yes, I was just looking for info on how to crop the pics when I saw your post. My solution for now is to crop on computer and import back to the phone. Just one of several things I've been puzzled about since upgrading from the Droid X.