Child limits Question ??

osman9501

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question I cant seem to find an answer for.I dont know where else to turn. I have searched these and other boards so forgive me if I am asking somthing that has been covered.

I bought a Droid X for my daughter and now I cant seem to keep her off it. I have been making her give it to me when its bed time and even taken it from her from time to time to try and get a point across. It gets better for a while but seem to fall right back into the same old song and dance. My work keeps me from home some nights and somtimes we forget to take it from her.

I am looking for an App or directions on how to set up limits on the phone to shut off all features at a certian time. That way the texting and web surfing stop in the middle of the night. I am looking into verzions controls tonight but from what I can tell its a content filter "server side" program I want to lock it down like I did her laptop. 9:30 and it turns into a brick.

Is there such a thing out there I can install, or perhaps can be turned on in the phone "password protected of course" ?
Thanks for your time.

Concerned Dad

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
There are also time filtrts available from verizon with the content filters. They charge like $5 a month to use it but it does work. There is also an aop in the market ($4.99) that works in the background. She will never know its there. That you will send you emails about questionable text messages. Just search keylogger.in the market. Forgot what its called. I will search it again and post the name.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Texttracker 2. And its 5.99.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

grannynancy

Reaction score
Having made it through two kids and now having two grandkids

Sometimes you have to punish yourself to punish her.

I would take away the droid and give her the most basic cell phone she needs for emergencies. Problem solved. Of course you are out the money for the data plan but the lesson learned is priceless.

fanta

Reaction score
How to control the usage time on an android device ?

I am looking for an App or directions on how to set up limits on the phone to shut off all features at a certian time. That way the texting and web surfing stop in the middle of the night. I am looking into verzions controls tonight but from what I can tell its a content filter "server side" program I want to lock it down like I did her laptop. 9:30 and it turns into a brick.

Is there such a thing out there I can install, or perhaps can be turned on in the phone "password protected of course" ?
Thanks for your time.

Concerned Dad

Hi,
I have made the same fruitless research, and all answers I got are like those you gave : apps to track what the kid is texting or mailling. That's not our request!
We want a way to set a timespan where the device will be 100% operational and when it's over, its over.
The closest solution I found out was Norton Online Family, but guess what ? the android apps is used to setup and monitor... the Windows application. Useless.

I can't believe that nobody in the market has release such a fundamental app, instead of spying what's done on the device. Anyone got a clue on this one ?

Thanks - Another Concerned Dad

robert70

Reaction score
You can set up those limits threw vzw it will cost you an extra $5 a month, but its worth it, that's what I do with my daughter, and I took her Droid and activated a basic cell for her.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
That's cruel you guys :b. Coming from a teenage standpoint, your daughter is gonna think your nuts but IMO it's for a good cause. There's no reason anyone needs to be that glued to their phone. (This is coming from an Android Junkie too).

sfierro

Reaction score
Take the Droid.
Buy her a pager and an iPod Touch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums