Check your bill!!!

OP
rlb

rlb

Reaction score
it's because of people like you who think you're helping the customer but tarnishes all the good VZW employees reputations because you thought you could save them a couple bucks by not backdating. You really need to think about all the scenarios and be an advocate for the customer, not perceived as another stupid sales rep in a store.

Go figure....yours is the logic that over-charged me and led to me calling to get my bill corrected :rolleyes:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's because of people like you who think you're helping the customer but tarnishes all the good VZW employees reputations because you thought you could save them a couple bucks by not backdating. You really need to think about all the scenarios and be an advocate for the customer, not perceived as another stupid sales rep in a store.

Go figure....yours is the logic that over-charged me and led to me calling to get my bill corrected :rolleyes:
Read my post about the minutes, how people get royally screwed. I used the 450 minute plan as an example. If you were on a 450 minute Basic plan and went to a 450 Select plan in mid bill cycle (lets say day 15) and was done on demand, you have exactly 225 minutes to use for the last 15 days. Most people think they would have the full 450 allotment, but there's the problem.

Now, back to your original post on here, I believe I interpret that you were on a dumb phone for a certain part of your bill cycle then the data plan was added for your Droid. I absolutely 100% agree with you on the data issue that it should have been done on demand and not backdated, because the data is unlimited and not capped on the data plan.

I was trying to educate Mr. store rep about the benefits of backdating minute plans.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Omg.. just check your bills people, deal?

LOL +1 dat! :) I've been with Verizon for over 13 years and have never walked-away not knowing what was going on / what I was paying for. Their customer service rocks hard. (Hence, the reason why I've been with them for over 13 years...)

- Mega

R

racklefratz

You get prorated on both plans not just the new plan so re-think your argument. Why would minutes used (on either plan) be a factor when you pay $X for a pool of minutes? Re-read the thread, it's been explained.

+1

The assumption was that there were no overages on either plan for simplicity, so the basic numbers are correct to use, and were correctly used.

This is just something else for the whiners to whine about.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You get prorated on both plans not just the new plan so re-think your argument. Why would minutes used (on either plan) be a factor when you pay $X for a pool of minutes? Re-read the thread, it's been explained.

+1

The assumption was that there were no overages on either plan for simplicity, so the basic numbers are correct to use, and were correctly used.

This is just something else for the whiners to whine about.
You have never sat at the other end of the phone when you call *611 to find out why you incurred overages after a plan change done on demand and your over the minutes. It's not a pretty conversation usually.

OP
rlb

rlb

Reaction score
I see the point that you (the reps) are now making about the minutes issue. It seems like a flaw in the way the plans are prorated. If I'm going from one 450 min plan to another 450 min plan in the same month, why is the minute pool also prorated? It doesn't make sense to me.

In reality, that didn't apply to me. I've gone over my minutes once in the ten years I've had a cell phone. For the record, I stared w/ 450 min basic & $10 txt plan. I used 225 of my 450 minutes last month, so to make the assumption that backdating was the best choice for me was simply wrong.

I understand that 99% of the customers wouldn't understand if the sales rep explained the difference between backdating and prorating and then presented the consumer with the choice, but then again that's not my problem as the customer. At the end of the day, I was charged for something that I didn't use. That's pretty irresponsible IMO but thankfully it was corrected.