Check for Updates

silver6054

Reaction score
Hi, recently every time I try checking for a system update (from About Phone menu) I get "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

I used to get a message that the system was up to date. Are others getting this error, I don't think I have made changes since it worked.

Running stock, rooted with frozen bloatware, but even when I unfreeze everything, I still get that message.

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you try resetting the phone? How long has this been going on? If it's just today reboot and give it a day.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got this message for a while when waiting for the most recent d2 update but it ironed itself out after a day like hook said.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

silver6054

Reaction score
I got this message for a while when waiting for the most recent d2 update but it ironed itself out after a day like hook said.

tappin and a talkin
It's been a few days, I did a reboot, and battery pull. If it is working for others, I might try a factory reset, as maybe other things are messed up

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well it could be global specific and may have to do with some other factors so you might want to wait for someone else to chime in.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

silver6054

Reaction score
Well it could be global specific and may have to do with some other factors so you might want to wait for someone else to chime in.

tappin and a talkin

Swirched to wifi, and it seemed to hang. Rebooted, and now I get the expected "Device up to date" message! So... one of those things. And I had tried wifi yesterday.

Reaction score
Generally, I get the "check for updates not available" message when I have the bloatware frozen, but as soon as I defrost it, I either get the update, or the 'system is up to date" message.

rage813

Reaction score
If you put sync social apps over wifi only then take that off thats why it does it then reboot your phone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App