Froyo 2.2 check for update not available

OP
M

mcad00

Reaction score
Update: While I was in the middle with a phone conversation with Verizon Technical support yesterday, I checked for the update and it worked. They did nothing, no settings changes or anything. I was just going through the motions over the phone and it worked. I guess it may have something to do with locale. Coincidence that I got the email on the same day the update worked? Probably not.

But now the battery manager is force closing everytime I check the usage statistics. Its at 100%, I wonder if its having an issue with not having much of anything to analyze? It did work yesterday when the levels were at 50%.

jls

Reaction score
THANK YOU! Been trying to get 2.2 for weeks! Doing this (AND THEN A BATTERY PULL) totally worked. Much thanks.

Settings – data manager – data delivery – social applications - sync over wifi => off

s11mike

Reaction score
At this point, everyone should be discouraged from updating to 2.2. It has so many problems. I'm at the point where I want to opt out of my contract and get an EVO. Constant freezing/lag, audio player/camera problems, battery issues and many others make this update terrible. I've factory reset phone 2 times and its the same thing.

kveldalf

Reaction score
THIS solved the issue! I've been waiting for moons to get 2.2 and all it was was some scheiß setting on the device. :greendroid:

THANK YOU! Been trying to get 2.2 for weeks! Doing this (AND THEN A BATTERY PULL) totally worked. Much thanks.

Settings – data manager – data delivery – social applications - sync over wifi => off

justsomejoe

Reaction score
Someone said to enable wifi, and when i looked for updates, it was available. I'm now on 2.2.1. Good Luck.