Can I force a 2.2 update?

fvultee

Reaction score
Aside from installing the 2.2 floating around here, can I just force an OTA update on my stock 2.1 Droid X. Settings/Phone Info/Check Update indicates I am already up to date, although I only have 2.1... Why have some people received the update weeks ago and my 2.1 still says it's not available?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you can't force something that hasn't happened yet. What you see people running are leaked versions of the possible OTA. Nothing more then that. And when it is distributed over the air it's completely random.

So you can either find the leak and download it or wait for the OTA.

OP
F

fvultee

Reaction score
you can't force something that hasn't happened yet. What you see people running are leaked versions of the possible OTA. Nothing more then that. And when it is distributed over the air it's completely random.

Ahh, I could have sworn that I read that people were receiving the OTA Update prompt on the X, perhaps not.

I'll wait for the official version, I keep seeing posts saying the 2.2 downloadable update has some issues and not to use it unless you want to deal with those issues.

Thanks for the reply.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Ahh, I could have sworn that I read that people were receiving the OTA Update prompt on the X, perhaps not.

I'll wait for the official version, I keep seeing posts saying the 2.2 downloadable update has some issues and not to use it unless you want to deal with those issues.

Thanks for the reply.

I double checked and the last I saw was the leak from P3 that's available now. To the best of my knowledge know OTA as of yet. Believe me, you'll know it when it happens, this forum will explode.

OP
F

fvultee

Reaction score
I double checked and the last I saw was the leak from P3 that's available now. To the best of my knowledge know OTA as of yet. Believe me, you'll know it when it happens, this forum will explode.

Ooo I can't wait... Just got my X a few days ago and i'm anxious for them to fix the Exchange email notification bug...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Ooo I can't wait... Just got my X a few days ago and i'm anxious for them to fix the Exchange email notification bug...

AMEN to that. that is the only reason I know that the leaked 2.2 was actually 2.2 is my Exchange was properly pushing. I did go back down to 2.1 so I'm ready for the OTA release, but i REALLY REALLY WANT IT!!!

jstep

Reaction score
Spoke to a Verizon rep over the weekend and she said the X is the last to get the update and that it will be end of Sept. before we get it...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a Verizon rep over the weekend and she said the X is the last to get the update and that it will be end of Sept. before we get it...

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Generally speaking Verizon reps have no idea of when a release is going to be out. Take what they say with a grain of salt.