cheapdroids.com is a fraud?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please continue to feel free to voice any concerns on this matter, but just a reminder to refrain from any name calling or flaming. Not that it's been out of control, but it's obviously a touchy subject.

Thanks for your cooperation!!

cuskit

Reaction score
Nice shop! Obviously you do run a legitimate business, and do have your own place and certainly lots of inventory. The fact that you take the time to post here often, and respond publicily is commendable. I applaud your efforts to work with customers, at the least your efforts here seem to show an effort to work with and resolve any issues aired. Not an easy task, for sure!

By the way it was good to have a blurred shot of all those packages with private names and addresses shown. Not a good thing to post private information, I can attest to that having made that mistake myself once.. ;)

Keep up the good effort - good luck with your business and I hope things turn more positive here for you. It seems forums generate complaints very easily, but compliments are like pulling teeth. Sometimes I wonder if most people view forums a just a venue to air complaints and not compliments...

Hoping you did not shoot that poor deer... :(

mikey :)

cheapdroids

Reaction score
Nice shop! Obviously you do run a legitimate business, and do have your own place and certainly lots of inventory. The fact that you take the time to post here often, and respond publicily is commendable. I applaud your efforts to work with customers, at the least your efforts here seem to show an effort to work with and resolve any issues aired. Not an easy task, for sure!

By the way it was good to have a blurred shot of all those packages with private names and addresses shown. Not a good thing to post private information, I can attest to that having made that mistake myself once.. ;)

Keep up the good effort - good luck with your business and I hope things turn more positive here for you. It seems forums generate complaints very easily, but compliments are like pulling teeth. Sometimes I wonder if most people view forums a just a venue to air complaints and not compliments...

Hoping you did not shoot that poor deer... :(

mikey :)

Thanks. When I first opened the packages picture I was planning on blurring things out but realized the camera operator already handled that for me!

And yea, that was a deer I shot while hunting a year ago for my first time.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Looks like a great operation..:) Now you just need to get up to snuff with your Customer Support Staff, and maybe clearly state when something is not in that pictured warehouse......shouldn't charge re-stocking fee's when you never had it to stock in the first place on cancelled orders...:)

All seems common sense.....

cheapdroids

Reaction score
Looks like a great operation..:) Now you just need to get up to snuff with your Customer Support Staff, and maybe clearly state when something is not in that pictured warehouse......shouldn't charge re-stocking fee's when you never had it to stock in the first place on cancelled orders...:)

All seems common sense.....

Thanks. We show ETA dates on the site and invoice for items that aren't in stock. And we no longer charge a restocking fee. Do you have an order id I can help you with?

czerwinc

Reaction score
To cheapdroids

Well, if you are not a fraud as you claim to be, then maybe you can help me out. I ordered some items about 4 months ago (a couple of cases, a charger, and a spare battery), and was later informed that some items were not in stock at the time. Because the wait for the items would be too long, I cancelled the order before it shipped and asked for a refund. To this day, I have not been refunded my money (and the order was placed in May!!!). I have tried to contact customer service several times by phone AND e-mail, with no luck. If I can coordinate a refund through you, I will confirm the legitimacy of your business on this thread. Please PM me at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

cheapdroids

Reaction score
Well, if you are not a fraud as you claim to be, then maybe you can help me out. I ordered some items about 4 months ago (a couple of cases, a charger, and a spare battery), and was later informed that some items were not in stock at the time. Because the wait for the items would be too long, I cancelled the order before it shipped and asked for a refund. To this day, I have not been refunded my money (and the order was placed in May!!!). I have tried to contact customer service several times by phone AND e-mail, with no luck. If I can coordinate a refund through you, I will confirm the legitimacy of your business on this thread. Please PM me at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

No problem. PM sent. As soon as I get that info I'll take a look at what is going on.

LeoD

Reaction score
They may fabricate positive reviews and even suggest calling them for solving the problem, but that does not save them from being a complete scum. Like quite a few guys at this forum, I ordered an item which was stated as 'in stock' at their site. Four days passed - with no word from them whatsoever at my email. I called them and was said that blah-blah-blah sorry we expect the item to come to our stock next Thursday, we'll ship immediately. Called them Friday afternoon. Again - blah-blah-blah, we'll be damned if the item does not come to our stock next Tuesday... I canceled the order on the spot. Three days later I discovered on my bank account that they had refunded me okay - EXCEPT WITHHOLDING ABOUT $1.5 AS A BANKING FEE! Naturally, after having shopped online for about ten years and never experienced anything of the kind, I called them and demanded explanations - having heard in response nothing but arrogant gibberish. I called my bank and claimed a disputed charge. They told me to wait until 30 days passed to place a formal claim. On the day I placed the claim and got assurances from the bank that the charge was groundless and that they would call the crooks to order. Yesterday, after quite a time, I received a letter from the bank that they had credited my account just IN VIEW OF MY BEING THEIR VALUED CUSTOMER, that they failed to collect the wrongly charged money from the vendor, and that in future I should contact the merchant directly...

Since the latter suggestion, in view of what happened, appears senseless, what guys and gals like me are supposed to do? To sue them in court? For a dollar and a half?!. That is exactly what those scums count upon: Nobody would waste his/her time and mental health for that kind of money. And now, I'm wondering how many people a day/week/month/year visit their godforsaken site and take the bite...

It is interesting that no one here has private messaged me about their orders even when I stepped in and tried to help out. I also find it interesting that a lot of the posts in this thread are from people with only 1 post. So just to set a few things straight.

Why should anyone including myself even have to private msg you to get proper customer service?
I do assume you meant me when you say some users only have one post. I can not speak for anyone else but I do not think I have to follow anyone around to get what is mine!

WE DO HAVE OUR OWN INVENTORY. WE DO NOT DROP SHIP.

WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY BANKING FEE FOR REFUNDS. WE HAD THIS WHEN WE FIRST OPENED THE STORE BUT HAVE REMOVED IT MONTHS AGO. (THE ABOVE IS A BLATANT LIE)

NO? you don't then explain this one to me, the following is a copy/paste from the email I was sent and I might add I still have not received my refund.
MT880211Amzer Rubberized Black Snap on Crystal Hard Case (REFUNDED) (- $10.95 )(-$10.95) sys0011Shipping Refund $-6.49 $-6.49 sys0041Banking Fee $0.87 $0.87 Subtotal:$-5.62Shipping & Handling:$6.49Florida Tax 0.000%:$0.00

While obviously not a large amount of money sure looks like I was charged a banking fee to me. But again I still have not received either a refund or the product.

WE LIST AVAILABILITY DATES ON ALL ITEMS AS WELL AS YOUR INVOICE ONCE YOU PLACED THE ORDER, JUST LIKE A LOT OF OTHER STORES DO.

Last order I placed was listed as in stock, I called a couple days later and was told it would be in the following monday. When I informed the young lady that it was not posted on the web site as back ordered she stated and I quote " We do not list back orders on items we expect to be shipped within a week"

AS I MENTIONED BEFORE IN THIS THREAD, IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM PM ME AND I WILL PERSONALLY HANDLE IT. BEING THAT I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY PM'S SINCE JUNE I HAVE A FEELING MOST OF THESE COMPLAINTS ARE NOT REAL.

Well we all know about assuming. I do not need to pm but if you are truely serious about getting us some help here is my order# and the date.

Order id: #4710 Order date: 18-05-2010 09:12:32

cheapdroids

Reaction score
Well we all know about assuming. I do not need to pm but if you are truely serious about getting us some help here is my order# and the date.

Found your order and saw that you didn't get your Paypal refund. I just sent $17.44 back to your Paypal email address.

cheapdroids

Reaction score

Check your PM. Refund sent in full. If you need anything else let me know.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
This is good that your able to take care of the above problems....I applaud you on that......my concern is with the millions of people whom are not on this forum to take advantage of your personal crusade on correcting these obvious common problems in your billing department....what billing programs does your company utilize??? Timberline, Sittera??? Seems like there is a lot of room for improvement.

Nothing stated above was to bash you or your company, just wondering how this amount of billing errors are falling to the way side.

cheapdroids

Reaction score
This is good that your able to take care of the above problems....I applaud you on that......my concern is with the millions of people whom are not on this forum to take advantage of your personal crusade on correcting these obvious common problems in your billing department....what billing programs does your company utilize??? Timberline, Sittera??? Seems like there is a lot of room for improvement.

Nothing stated above was to bash you or your company, just wondering how this amount of billing errors are falling to the way side.

The two above were billed using Paypal. Due to us having to backorder products we weren't receiving from our supplier, Paypal put a limitation on the account so we couldn't receive or send money. I've been working with them since to get it lifted which now it is and are sending all refunds that were waiting in the account lift.

LeoD

Reaction score

Found your order and saw that you didn't get your Paypal refund. I just sent $17.44 back to your Paypal email address.

I do appricate you taking the time to correct this. I can see you are doing all you can do to set things stright for us that have had problems. I now consider this settled and will be my last post on the matter. Perhaps if someone such as yourself was the one dealing with the customers much of this can be avoided. For me it was never about the money it was strickly principle.
Once again thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

untamedinsanity

Reaction score
Ok so i ordered one android shirt from this web site its been a month and a half i call every 4 days and the excuse i get is that they haven't received it yet. However i called the day i ordered asking if it was on stock and the rep told me it was! Now i really prefer to get my item and i dont want to cancel but this is just ridiculous. And now im scared if i cancel it im not even going to get my money back! I was looking foward to buy other things but now i def dont want it