Chase "Quick Deposit" App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
darn. i got excited when i saw that.

nsiebenaller

Reaction score
USAA has had an app for that on Android for months... I absolutely love it!

Dat Dude

Reaction score

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'd lol if there was a deposit fee. Also why do hear "Security Issue!" when I think of being able to do this? Call me old fashioned but I feel it's better to have a certain level of complexity when it comes messing with money. If it's super easy for me withdraw and deposit money then it's bound to be super easy for someone to withdraw and deposit my money in their pocket.

Dat Dude

Reaction score
Please! Update!

The last that I heard, the target date is still the end of Sept.

I'd lol if there was a deposit fee. Also why do hear "Security Issue!" when I think of being able to do this? Call me old fashioned but I feel it's better to have a certain level of complexity when it comes messing with money. If it's super easy for me withdraw and deposit money then it's bound to be super easy for someone to withdraw and deposit my money in their pocket.

There's no fee, and its completely safe... There's no way someone can deposit the same check twice. If they do, its sent to our risk dept, and if its done too many times, they will close the acct.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Would love it if BOA did the same thing....

Great feature.

Ron W.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also why do hear "Security Issue!" when I think of being able to do this?
The USAA service is as secure as any other mobile/online banking service/feature. If someone really wants to bust in and make a deposit into my account they're certainly welcome to go ahead and do so.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that anything that can be made can be unmade, and anything that can be done can be undone. If you know how something works, you can manipulate it. The most secure lock in the world still has a key, and someone is responsible for that key and the access it provides, and that's why it will never be fully secure. Remember that while you sleep at night placing an overabundance of trust in your banks. ;)

devilwearskevlar

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

If everyone lived by that logic we would be living our lives sitting on a pile of pennies in a safe room with no door and a shotgun pointed at the air vent 24/7. And I say a pile of pennies, because you wouldn't have any money left after paying for all the medication you need for your paranoid schizophrenia.

porsche996

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this app for a while, as well as a full-featured Chase Bank app, as the mobile Chase login site on the web isn't full-featured (doesn't let me go back very far on past transactions).

Sure would save a lot of time/hassle of having to drive to the bank to deposit a check. And since I only get 1 check a month, it really is a hassle 'cause it's not something I normally do. I hate going to the bank; I've been doing all deposits/withdraws through an ATM for years, and online banking is pretty much mandatory for me! So being able to do even more at home is a huge plus for me so I won't ever have to go to the bank at all soon!!

One question, though. When you use an app like this, do you then have to mail the physical check into the bank (or otherwise get it there), or can you destroy the paper check after it's deposited??

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If everyone lived by that logic we would be living our lives sitting on a pile of pennies in a safe room with no door and a shotgun pointed at the air vent 24/7. And I say a pile of pennies, because you wouldn't have any money left after paying for all the medication you need for your paranoid schizophrenia.

+1. "Every lock has a key" and "everything made can be undone" etc sounds great philosophically, but the truth is online banking is pretty safe.

There's a thin line between playing it safe, and being paranoid. These banks would not release such apps without doing TONS of testing, quality control, and security implementation. That doesn't mean its failsafe, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get your account info stolen by an Android app released by a major US bank.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm beyond angry! I saw the title of this thread and thought, Yes Chanse made one for Android!!!

Then I see the thread was made 7/22. Bummer.