Charging

alboboy10

Reaction score
How long do your phones take to charge from a low percentage to full 100. My phone gets about 1% every two minutes. Takes a VERY long time to charge. It can take three hours to fully charge from 10-15%

My thunderbolt used to fully charge in like an hour. Or just over.

And if I use my phone, I see the battery percentage drop every minute or less than that. Writing this message I lost 2%...

First day I got this phone and the second day it was lasting 12 hours with my screen on for nearly 4 hours. On 4g. Its gotten worse over time. And that was with emails on. Etc.

dagdoot

Reaction score
if you are charging through USB connected to a PC then its going to be very slow, mine is the same.. If you use the wall charger it will charge much faster.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
used my phone till it died earlier this morning, forgot what time. Been charging for a little under 2hrs and I'm at 99%. I also used it while charging so I'm sure that didn't help, but it's relatively quick. This is through the wall charger btw

the wall charger runs at 5v, a usb runs at about half that at 2.5v so yes it'll take longer

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I charge through my wall. I know the PC takes forever. Maybe its a bad battery or a bad charger?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I charge through my wall. I know the PC takes forever. Maybe its a bad battery or a bad charger?

Yeah 3hrs...something might be up with yours. I'm assuming you're using the charger/cable that came with the Nexus? Try another outlet first

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Yeah 3hrs...something might be up with yours. I'm assuming you're using the charger/cable that came with the Nexus? Try another outlet first

Ye same one. I used that outlet for my thunderbolt too though!

streetmike

Reaction score
Well I noticed If Im playing on it while charging (I was home sick) it charges really slow and heats up. If I just let it charge without really touching it, maybe 2 hours or so.

EAK

Reaction score
just timed it today, an hour and 45 mins from 5% to 100% on wall charger.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Mine is still taking long. Its improving i think. But still no good.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
When I charge the phone and take it off early it loses battery extremely fast.
I took it off from the charger and in 30 minutes it lost 12%...with minor use. Went from 62 to 50. I don't understand this

The phone was charging for some time too. It was charging for over an hour and barely gained 30%...