battery charging

jesco

Reaction score
Does anyone else's Maxx take like 6 hours to fully charge from 10% battery life remaining? I charge my phone for an hour and the percentage doesn't go up at all. I had a razr before and had the same issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

aarong03

Reaction score
jesco said:
Does anyone else's Maxx take like 6 hours to fully charge from 10% battery life remaining? I charge my phone for an hour and the percentage doesn't go up at all. I had a razr before and had the same issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Yes. Because it's such a large battery, it takes twice as long. If you use the wall charger, it will charge up fast and slow down at 90% range.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The manufacturer's recommended charge time from "empty" (which is 15%), to full (which is 100%), is 5.5 hours...so, yeah.

Droid RAZR charge time 3 hours, click on the image to see it full-size (see the 3H on the clock at the bottom):

View attachment 56859

The RAZR MAXX has a 3,300 mAh battery, nearly twice the size of the 1,780 mAh battery in the RAZR, and there was a color version of the graphic below that I can't find now for the MAXX showing the same pictures as the one above, but the clock was at 5.5H rather than 3H.

Here's the Black and White version of it blown way up (blurry but you can see it). You'll notice there's 2 clocks, the one on the left is labeled RAZR and the clock face has the 12:00 to 3:00 portion depicted as 3H (like above), but the right face is labeled RAZR MAXX and has the clock face showing 12:00 to 5:30 as 5.5H. Click on the image to see it enlarged.

View attachment 56862

FOUND IT!!

View attachment 56863 View attachment 56864

Here's the entire manual including the image above...

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...ilename/RAZR_Maxx_UG_Vzw_ICS_68017139001A.pdf

Last edited: